CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 06-04-2008, 04:15 PM   #21
Rajib Ghosh

Profile:
Re: This is BS

You have a point Em but its funny to know theres people like you who waste their own time putting people like me straight and then complain of people who wastes others time when all your doing is wasting your own time. Sorry to anyone about the questions but no's perfect right I learned my lesson: Keep it simple and remember this should not be stressful but beneficial to other aspects of life and even fun.

Last edited by Rajib Ghosh; 06-04-2008 at 04:17 PM..
Old 06-04-2008, 04:55 PM   #22
Nick Hanson

Profile:

I am not going to waste my own time by posting in this post.
Old 06-04-2008, 06:01 PM   #23
Jonathan Edwards

Profile:

All I have to say is that SS works. A couple of weeks ago I weighed anywhere from 160 in the morning to 165 at night. I'm now between 165-170 and no lower. I'm getting stronger and I haven't put on any noticeable amount of fat yet.

I don't want to be big or bulky by any means, and I'm switching to a metcon type workout after I feel I've reached my desired strength/weight.

Moral of my little rant is that just because it's not working exactly like you think it should, maybe you're not doing something right. I'm in the same position as you and I'm telling you that it does work. Heavy weights + a lot of calories + rest = success.
Old 06-04-2008, 08:28 PM   #24
Justin McGinley

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Hanson View Post
I am not going to waste my own time by posting in this post.
me neither?
Old 06-06-2008, 08:13 AM   #25
Matt DeMinico

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajib Ghosh View Post
I started SS two weeks ago and have been doing a 25 block meal for about a month. I'm trying to be 180 with about 10% of it being BF by next year. Right now I"m 160 and have been for the last month! I don't understand I was due for a 17 block program and enthusiastically jumped all the way to the 25 'athlete block' and still do not see even a lb gained. I'm going to slowly go down to a 20 block meal (4-4-4-4-4) by friday because all this cycle is doing is eating up my money. Maybe thinking about gaining weight is keeping me from gaining weight since my mind has to think about its opposite, being skinny (law of attraction idk lol)?
To quote Rip:

"And I shall now be kind, and explain why I know the lack of consumption of milk is the reason for the lack of progress in those trainees I've observed. It is because over thirty years of direct observation has demonstrated to me that when trainees drink one gallon of milk added to their regular diet and train in a progressive linear fashion, they gain significant muscular bodyweight, and those that do not drink their milk, even in the presence of progressive linear training, fail to do this. They also fail to continue progressive linear training for the same length of time, because this is facilitated by the steady weight gain. I understand that you're asking me if I have controlled for other factors such as failure to do the program correctly, and the answer is yes, of course I have, because I am not a complete idiot. Those that will not do the program are not being considered when I make these remarks, because that would be too ****ing obvious a hole in my analysis. The difference in the milk drinkers is that THEY GET BIGGER THAN THE ONES WHO WON'T DRINK THE ****ING MILK. Please tell me that you understand this now."
Old 06-06-2008, 09:24 AM   #26
Frederic Giraud

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajib Ghosh View Post
You have a point Em but its funny to know theres people like you who waste their own time putting people like me straight and then complain of people who wastes others time when all your doing is wasting your own time. Sorry to anyone about the questions but no's perfect right I learned my lesson: Keep it simple and remember this should not be stressful but beneficial to other aspects of life and even fun.
What kind of respect is that?

Sorry mods I'll try to stay low-profile but in my opinion some things need to be addressed.

We don't consider ourselves wasting time by answering peoples question. We find it to be helpfull and by that way it is for the best. If an answer to one question requires us to come straight and tell them reality then it must be done. It is done in order to best help, in our opinion, the peson who asked the question and not to "put people like you straight."

I don't think you learned you lesson.

There are no magic pills. No magic training regimen. No magic nutrition advice.

There is hard work. Discipline. Consistency. Dedication.

I don't like sounding like doing the moral because I'm young myself aswell (24) but I can't stand any lack of respect for this community.

If you are willing to put in the efforts, we are more than willing to guide you on the right path. But all the hard work gets to be done by you, and no one else.

I'll leave you on a slightly off-topic quote:

When one person teaches, two people learn.

*sorry for the rant ladies and gents...*
Old 06-06-2008, 10:44 AM   #27
Jay Cohen

Profile:

Frederic;

Nice post though wasting your breath and time. I've finally realized that if the OP:

is 15-21
lives at home
can't put together a complete sentence
can't read
can't search
has no money
can't cook
can't think for themselves

then I absolutely WILL myself not to respond. Period.

I also stay out of the "Starting Here" threads, it's all been answered (l years ago), nobody Search's.

Be Well, breath Deep.
Old 06-06-2008, 01:27 PM   #28
Jamie J. Skibicki

Profile:

Jay,

It looks like David is rubbing off on you, you seem much more mellow.