CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Fitness
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Fitness Theory and Practice. CrossFit's rationale & foundations. Who is fit? What is fitness?

Old 05-11-2004, 10:51 AM   #1
Jay Edvardz

Profile:

The class went great. It was no Gi. There were only about 5 people in class. We went through some conditioning and drills and then did some grappling. I held my own with one guy and got trampled by another. I had a great time though; I'll definitely be sticking with Gracie Barra for my training.

I was doing 80 on the highway home and a cop pulled me over. Apparently he wasnt fond of my going 30 mph over the speed-limit. Lucky for me, he wrote me up for not paying attention to the speed-limit rather than a full blown speeding ticket. 80$ versus 275$; needless to say, I was grateful.

Old 05-11-2004, 05:35 PM   #2
Roy

Profile:

They give tickets for "not paying attention to the speed limit"??!!!!!

I wish the cops here were that ignorant :angry:

Cheers

Roy
Old 05-11-2004, 08:11 PM   #3
Kevin Roddy

Profile:
You should have told him that you sneezed and hit the gas pedal.
Old 05-12-2004, 11:41 AM   #4
George Koupatadze

Profile:
Hey, Jay. Sorry about the ticket. Anyway, what a coincidence. I had my first BJJ class yesterday too. It was also no GI. We practiced some drills and got to grapple a bit. Still sore but loving it. Definitely will be doing more. I went to the Straight Blast Gym Illinois folks. They also practice stand-up. (check out straightblastgym.com ) The instructor seems like a really knowledgeble guy. I think I'll stick around.
Old 05-12-2004, 06:40 PM   #5
Jason Lauer

Profile:
Welcome to the grappling world, no-gi is great. All forms of grappling are great for self defense and are a hell of a lot of fun. Not to mention they get you in great shape and can really teach you things about yourself.
Old 05-12-2004, 07:55 PM   #6
Jay Edvardz

Profile:

Had a gi session tonight - damn was it hot! No air conditioning in the gym and it was about 85 degrees out. I had a chance to roll around with some new people; had a lot of fun. The last "bout" lasted 15 mins! I was dead after that. I got an a compliment from an instructor, he seemed shocked that I had never grappled before, that was pretty cool. Anyway, I'm hooked now! :-)

-Jay
Old 05-19-2004, 02:41 PM   #7
Scott McPeek

Profile:  
Jay and George- You guys are definately in good hands. Gracie Barra instructors are some of the best and everything I am hearing and seeing out of the Straight Blast Gym is fantastic. Keep up the training and try to approach each training session with an open mind because your instructors will be jamming your head full of techniques!

See you on the mat
Scott
team 6
Old 05-19-2004, 03:52 PM   #8
Brad Hirakawa

Profile:
Grappling is soooooo fun. Coming up 6.5 years with the sport, and I keep going back for more. :-)