CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Running a CrossFit Facility
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Running a CrossFit Facility Tips and guidance on how to open and operate a CrossFit gym.

Old 08-28-2014, 12:39 AM   #1
Boris Wartenberg

Profile:
Starting by zero

Hi guys,

I just opened my "Garage-Box", put my car out of the garage, and put a small Rig, two portable Rigs and two squat stands inside, put a lot of weight plates in it, and of course some other stuff like Rings, FoamRoller, Flossbands, Strengthbands and so on.
I do know that the place is kind of small or tiny, but for me it was the easiest way to start, just because of the key fact that I do not have to rent a facility at first.
We can train with four members and one coach. Due to the fact we are located just nearby fields and forests, so we can go out for running etc.

Teaching people I do as a Krav Maga Instructor for about two and a half year now, so this will help me a little....

I am really very curious about what is about to come....

3-2-1 Go
Cheers
Boris
Old 08-28-2014, 03:33 AM   #2
Paul-Dwane McMenamin

Profile:
Re: Starting by zero

Best of luck with your adventure!

I started out in my garage too, back in May of 2013. Similar set-up also; a few squat racks, bars, a small, homemade rig and so on. I was working during the day and coaching four hours in the evening, mon-friday. At first, my clients were just friends but word got out and soon I was having strangers show up. A few months later, I was coaching 20+ persons every evening, steady turning clients away due to lack of space, time & equipment.

December 2013 I closed my garage gym, sold my equipment and put forward an application for affiliation. February I received word from HQ with the thumbs up, reinvested in equipment and opened CrossFit Omagh March 1st, 2014. Haven't looked back since. I'm almost 6 months in, with almost 60 members strong. Best decision I've ever made.

I hope your story unfolds in a similar manner. GOOD LUCK!
Old 08-28-2014, 04:08 AM   #3
Boris Wartenberg

Profile:
Re: Starting by zero

Hi Paul,

yeah, it really sounds like the same story.... Hope it will work the same or similar way... It would be really really great....!!

all the best
Boris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul-Dwane McMenamin View Post
Best of luck with your adventure!

I started out in my garage too, back in May of 2013. Similar set-up also; a few squat racks, bars, a small, homemade rig and so on. I was working during the day and coaching four hours in the evening, mon-friday. At first, my clients were just friends but word got out and soon I was having strangers show up. A few months later, I was coaching 20+ persons every evening, steady turning clients away due to lack of space, time & equipment.

December 2013 I closed my garage gym, sold my equipment and put forward an application for affiliation. February I received word from HQ with the thumbs up, reinvested in equipment and opened CrossFit Omagh March 1st, 2014. Haven't looked back since. I'm almost 6 months in, with almost 60 members strong. Best decision I've ever made.

I hope your story unfolds in a similar manner. GOOD LUCK!