CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 07-20-2006, 12:49 PM   #1
Ryan Copeland

Profile:
I really only drink water, milk, and juice. Since trying to try the zone i'm trying not to have juice. Would Green tea be something I could drink at work if I get tired of flavorless water?
Old 07-20-2006, 01:02 PM   #2
Paul Symes

Profile:
Why not try herbal tea. My favourites are

Lemon and ginger
Nettle
Red bush
Peppermint
Old 07-20-2006, 01:02 PM   #3
Jeffrey Crawford

Profile:
you should really use the search function for this. There are tons of great posts about benefits of tea and diferent kinds of tea. But for a short answer, yes you can drink tea instead of water.
Old 07-22-2006, 08:30 AM   #4
Ryan Copeland

Profile:
I read up on some of the searches for tea and got some good stuff. I saw something posted mentioning that tea helps you retain your water better than actually drinking water. I usually drink a good amount of water, and last spring I went on a hiking trip and we didn't have very much water (in Copper Canyon). I don't know if my body got accustomed to the excess water or what, but I felt as if I got thirsty(dehydrated) faster then some with me who didn't drink water regularly. So maybe something they drink helps them retain water better. Does anyone out there do a lot of hiking? And if so what do you do when you hike for long periods to get your body ready if you may be in a position to be lacking on water?
Old 07-22-2006, 10:14 AM   #5
Pierre Auge

Profile:
Be very hydrated before you leave! And I mean start hydrating days in advance. Realistically you should be drinking anywhere between 2 and 6 litres of water per day. I know it doesn't sound realistic but you should be hitting the washroom every 1.5 to 2 hours if you are properly hydrated.

Being experienced with long, heavily packed forced marches I can tell you that during the hike you should be drinking only a little but often.

You shouldn't be getting thirsty during your hike you should drink before your body is telling you it needs it! Thats the best advice I can give you. The only way to beat dehydration is by blind siding it and kicking while its down, before it even had a chance to hit you!

Tea is good, caffein is good, coffee is good! Water is the best, I don't drink enough of it!