CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > CrossPit
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

CrossPit For discussing MMA, UFC, Pride fighting, and other martial arts

Old 04-09-2010, 08:39 AM   #31
Todd Angel

Profile:
Re: Style Suited For Army Infantry?

A lot of good input! I would also look into the "old school" WWII combatives. I know there are alot of fans of that.
Old 04-09-2010, 06:59 PM   #32
John Hansen

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Angel View Post
A lot of good input! I would also look into the "old school" WWII combatives. I know there are alot of fans of that.
Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be a lot of folk teaching/training in it.

I kind of like Kelly McCann's philosophy of finding like-minded folks and starting your own fight (training) club.

To the OP: just work on something. Hell, of all the viable disciplines (SPEAR, KM, BJJ/Muy Thai, Judo, etc) mentioned, the best one is the one that's closest and has a convenient schedule. It doesn't matter if SPEARS is more effective than Krav, if the Krav gym is next door and it's easy to go 4 nights a week, and the SPEARS instructor is way across town (or your town doesn't have one).

Seriously, provide links to all the instructors you are considering and have access to, and then we can make a recommendation.

(I just had to quit my BJJ/MT gym because its across town and a 45 minute commute each way to get there. I wasn't able to get there enough to justify it.)
Old 04-10-2010, 06:54 AM   #33
David Keisler

Profile:

Kevin ..years ago ie 1969 @ Ft Bragg we were taught there were two kinds ...of bayonet fighters..the Quick & the DEAD , expose yourself to as many types of the ARTS as you can..find out what works best for you...Most fights are short lived so work in your speed..a longer fight needs endurance & both are complimented by strength..