CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout of the Day
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout of the Day Questions & performance regarding CrossFit's WOD

Old 07-24-2009, 09:32 AM   #31
Rachel Y. B. Lindsay

Profile:
Re: "DT"'s Intended Effects

I thought I read (don't remember where, in the Journal?) that you should have a look at the approximate times it takes the elite CF'ers to do the RX'd WOD, then scale as necessary to keep your time in that approximate range. Eventually leading to where you can handle the WOD as RX'd in that specified time range.

Of course, it would help if they'd post a "benchmark" or something so we could more easily judge.

Maybe I'm wrong about this?
Old 07-24-2009, 12:41 PM   #32
Tom Seryak

Profile:

[quote=Sean Dunston;631018]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Seryak View Post

Tom-
Clearly, you missed my post on page 2, a few posts up from yours, where I addressed the strength/1RM issue.

No biggee.

i pretty much agree with your reasoning - just wanted to point out, that I addressed this too.

We just have different opinions on the matter. I try to do all WODs as RX'd - especially Hero WODs.
Sean, yes i did miss that. Reading that gives the post that I commented on a different context. we need a handshake smily icon...i guess i'll settle for...
Old 07-24-2009, 01:09 PM   #33
Sean Dunston

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Seryak View Post

Sean, yes i did miss that. Reading that gives the post that I commented on a different context. we need a handshake smily icon...i guess i'll settle for...
Works for me

Old 07-26-2009, 04:27 AM   #34
Michael Ricketts

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel Y. B. Lindsay View Post
I thought I read (don't remember where, in the Journal?) that you should have a look at the approximate times it takes the elite CF'ers to do the RX'd WOD, then scale as necessary to keep your time in that approximate range. Eventually leading to where you can handle the WOD as RX'd in that specified time range.

Of course, it would help if they'd post a "benchmark" or something so we could more easily judge.

Maybe I'm wrong about this?

That is what I do, I run a day behind over here in Japan so I check out the average times that people are getting as RX'ed and scale my workout to what is required to get a similar time.

Seems to be working so far...
Old 08-03-2009, 06:05 AM   #35
Christopher Hickson

Profile:

This was my first crossfit workout, I found it to be easy expect for the fact I felt like I just ran a bunch of 200m sprints, and got my fore arms so filled with blood nothing calmed them down. (i even submerged my fore arms in really cold water) pretty good workout though.
Old 08-03-2009, 01:34 PM   #36
Mike Wright

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher Hickson View Post
This was my first crossfit workout, I found it to be easy expect for the fact I felt like I just ran a bunch of 200m sprints, and got my fore arms so filled with blood nothing calmed them down. (i even submerged my fore arms in really cold water) pretty good workout though.
This was your 1st CF WOD and it was "Easy"...after sprints? What is your background coming into CF?
Old 08-03-2009, 02:09 PM   #37
Christopher Hickson

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Wright View Post
This was your 1st CF WOD and it was "Easy"...after sprints? What is your background coming into CF?
no I didn't do sprints, I just felt like the fatigue type was similar to do 200m runs. I do strongman training, and I am on the baseball, and basketball team at my highschool. My time was 10:02 as rx'd. btw I keep videos on youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/chrishickson These workout are fun because they are difficult in different ways.