CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > CrossPit
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

CrossPit For discussing MMA, UFC, Pride fighting, and other martial arts

Old 11-16-2008, 05:29 AM   #31
Jeffrey Crawford

Profile:
Re: BJ Penn vs. GSP - UFC 94!

Randy did a lot better than I thought but it was only a matter of time. Horrible reffing, I thought he let it go on for about 15 seconds to long. How does Brock match against Nog? Will sheer size get him through that as well?

On the other hand, my god that Kenny Florian..That guy is just growing so fast. He finshed Joe daddy faster than BJ did....now thats crazy.
Old 11-16-2008, 10:12 AM   #32
James Besenyei

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celio Silva View Post
Actually James, Ground and Pound goes to Randy...
Hmmmmm
Old 11-16-2008, 10:26 AM   #33
James Besenyei

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey Crawford View Post

Randy did a lot better than I thought but it was only a matter of time. Horrible reffing, I thought he let it go on for about 15 seconds to long. How does Brock match against Nog? Will sheer size get him through that as well?

On the other hand, my god that Kenny Florian..That guy is just growing so fast. He finished Joe daddy faster than BJ did....now that's crazy.
No doubt! Florian is growing into quite the technician. And he's getting stronger. "It's time to kill that master!" I love it.
Old 11-16-2008, 03:43 PM   #34
Celio Silva

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Besenyei View Post
Hmmmmm
Brock couldn't keep Randy down, let alone ground & pound him. Now unfortunately we never got to see Randys' turn at grounding & pounding Lesnar.

The fight was toe to toe until Randy got caught. It's as simple as that. This picture of Brock simply taking Randy down and pounding him into oblivion never happened. Brock could not take Randy down at will and when he did he couldn't keep him there or even inflict any damage. The fight was decided on the clinch and on their feet, and they both did very well there. Both fighters gave us a war for as long as it lasted.

It's just passed me how could people really count Randy out?!?! Do they still feel the same way now?!?!?

http://www.mmatko.com/randy-couture-...-video-ufc-91/

(WF/S) ?? It's a fight!
Old 11-16-2008, 06:25 PM   #35
Jeffrey Crawford

Profile:

No one counted Randy out, I was hoping more than anyone that he could find a way to send lesner packing. However, styles make fights and Brock is just to big. If he had the same skill set and was forty pounds lighter it would not have lasted 30 seconds with a tko for randy but fact is dude is huge and has "lunchboxes for fist" It was only a matter of time for randy to go down. Every time lesner caught him he wobbled him, and the final blow was grazing and still dropped him.

Which leads me to my next point. Heavyweights need two weight classes.
Heavy and super heavy. 50 pound weight advantage is too much and more freak show than sport. That would be like KenFlo fighting forrest. We need a class from like 220-245 and 245- 265. That would be a better set-up and you would not have freak shows coming in and cleaning out house when the outweight everyone by 50 pounds......
Old 11-17-2008, 02:53 PM   #36
Bernard Edwards

Profile:

Yep - it was just the ear punch... it will take your legs out everytime and there is nothing one can do about it. Randy just started trading too much too early... He was gassing Brock really well and should have waited till the next round for standing toe to toe in the middle of the cage like that. Just my humble opinion... Randy is the man and I give him all the props in the world!!!