CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Stuff and Nonsense
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Stuff and Nonsense For off-topic chatter. Keep it PG-13; no sex, politics or religion!

Old 02-03-2011, 09:41 PM   #271
Suzanne Campbell

Profile:
Re: Most Embarassing Crossfit Moments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Gann View Post
I figured you'd get a kick out of that ... i guess it's my j-lo bootie.
Acutally I did the exact same thing showing my son and his friend how to do a front squat! I was wearing shorts and just the one seam popped-the other one held together thank goodness. But the shorts had to go in the trash after that!
Old 02-18-2011, 12:56 PM   #272
Jesse Newman-Barnhart

Profile:

Being a part-time trainer (still on active duty) at the box here I have the advantage of working out whenever I want so no one was around to witness this...
I went in to do "Wittman", went through my usual warmup, did some power cleans at different weights to see what I wanted to use for the WOD. Ended up going with 75#. Going into the PC on round 4 my form started to decline, so I'm running through all the cues in my mind-explode from the hips, tight core, etc...kept the bar too close to my body and was quickly dropped to the floor as I jumped around swearing profusely. Then got back on the bar and finished without further incident.
Old 02-18-2011, 02:39 PM   #273
Melody Glasgow

Profile:

I was going for a 3 RM power clean and was on the third rep, focusing on efficiency, bringing the barbell up my body, and then BAM I hit the bottom of my boobs. I lost the grip on the bar and dropped it from chest height. Unfortunately for me, it was one of those times that the coach was watching. At least I didn't give myself a black eye...
Old 02-19-2011, 02:10 PM   #274
brad jenkins

Profile:

GOD i love this forum.
Wall ball to the face .... check
face to mat while doin hspu..... check
fart while heavy lift...... check

I'm doing pretty good for a beginner.
Old 02-19-2011, 05:26 PM   #275
Vince Mannella

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melody Glasgow View Post
I was going for a 3 RM power clean and was on the third rep, focusing on efficiency, bringing the barbell up my body, and then BAM I hit the bottom of my boobs. I lost the grip on the bar and dropped it from chest height. Unfortunately for me, it was one of those times that the coach was watching. At least I didn't give myself a black eye...

You could make that a W.O.D....ground to boobs for time. I'd be interested in coaching that one
Old 02-20-2011, 05:10 AM   #276
brad jenkins

Profile:

Tabata variation treadmill work. ... sprinting all out on last set when suddenly my back just tightens... then here's pukie. I almost didn't even get off the treadmill.
The embarassing part is my xo said don't worry were laughing at you not with you.
Old 02-20-2011, 10:21 PM   #277
James A Stevens

Profile:

Reading this thread makes me realise how much I love my home gym

It may not have the best equipment and a fair bit of "make do" but hey at least when I do a face plant mid burpee the only one watching me is my dog and he keeps his opinions to himself!
Old 03-18-2011, 10:51 AM   #278
Blaine Cardinale

Profile:

7x1 back squats yesterday.

Story begins at 335 for my third set, which is my PR. Get it off the rack and nail it with no problems, so it's new PR time right?

I then put 10 more pounds on for 345. The lowering goes well, but I end up going too low and can't push up. I'm stuck and it's time to ditch. Problem is, I develop some forward rolling which I can't straighten up. With everyone watching I slowly tip over forward. I manage to get a "watch out" out before the bar comes rolling over the top of my neck and head and crashes into the rack. It only falls 18 or so inches, but I had just put iron #100's on each side because the #45 bumpers were getting too thick. Loud is an understatement.

It was slow, controlled, and I didn't hurt myself much - except the pride and a bit of a bruise on my neck. Got a spot for the next attempt who had to give me a little tug backwards when I needed to ditch. I REALLY need to get a lower bar on my back. Dang shoulders.
Old 03-18-2011, 01:23 PM   #279
Shane Skowron

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaine Cardinale View Post
7x1 back squats yesterday.

Story begins at 335 for my third set, which is my PR. Get it off the rack and nail it with no problems, so it's new PR time right?

I then put 10 more pounds on for 345. The lowering goes well, but I end up going too low and can't push up. I'm stuck and it's time to ditch. Problem is, I develop some forward rolling which I can't straighten up. With everyone watching I slowly tip over forward. I manage to get a "watch out" out before the bar comes rolling over the top of my neck and head and crashes into the rack. It only falls 18 or so inches, but I had just put iron #100's on each side because the #45 bumpers were getting too thick. Loud is an understatement.

It was slow, controlled, and I didn't hurt myself much - except the pride and a bit of a bruise on my neck. Got a spot for the next attempt who had to give me a little tug backwards when I needed to ditch. I REALLY need to get a lower bar on my back. Dang shoulders.

Did the rack not have spotting bars?
Old 03-18-2011, 02:01 PM   #280
Blaine Cardinale

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane Skowron View Post
Did the rack not have spotting bars?
Nope. I guess a better term would have been stand, it wasn't a cage. Unfortunately.