CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout of the Day
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout of the Day Questions & performance regarding CrossFit's WOD

Old 06-25-2008, 01:26 AM   #21
Martin Altemark

Profile:
Re: Fight Gone Bad by yourself

COuld you upload this again somewhere? I would appreciate it

Thanks in advance
Old 06-25-2008, 05:53 AM   #22
Chet Nunan

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Schlesselman View Post
I just have my old lady out in the garage with me telling me when a minute is up. I can't believe no one else thought of doing this.
It's kind of a long drive for your old lady, but if she's willing to help...
Old 06-26-2008, 01:34 AM   #23
Stephen A Hollingdale

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Kemp View Post
Just a note that the Rxed workout does not include additional transition time. Maybe you could do the same thing but build the transition into each 60 sec round. Everyone has to deal with the transition whether they are doing it by themselves or with an affiliate.

Cheers, kempie
Kempie,
I thought the workout DID include the transition; the time it takes to move to the next exercise comes out of the minute for that exercise, so you may only get 50 seconds to work on it if it takes 10 seconds to get to the station. Or maybe I am misunderstanding your point.

The transition is one of my big problems with FGB; the rowers are up a (double height) floor from the weight room in my gym so I have to go through one door, up a loooong flight of stairs, through another door and then to the back of the cardio room if I want to row. I usually sub an exercise for rows, but occasionally I just row for the 35 seconds or so having run to the station. Of course this does mean my scores are worse than they could be because I don't have a way to count the work done during the run transition. If transition is not included I can do it as RX'd but I'm not convinced.
Old 06-26-2008, 06:14 AM   #24
Dave Parmly

Profile:

I have a 1-minute timer on my watch as well. Yesterday, some other people working on the hamster-wheels were observing me doing FGB. As I was "cooling down" one of them said "I wouldn't wear that watch!" I said to myself, "...And THAT is why you fail." (with apologies to Yoda...)
Old 06-26-2008, 01:55 PM   #25
Bonny Guang

Profile:

If any of you want to make your own mixes, Audacity is a great open source audio editor. http://audacity.sourceforge.net/ (wfs)
Old 06-26-2008, 02:26 PM   #26
James Reynolds

Profile:

Did yesterday's FGB today, by my self in the garage with everything RXd with the exception of overhead squats as a sub for rower since sdhp already in the WOD. I just want to say that adding OH squats was a really good (bad ?) idea. They kicked my butt, and didn't help my score!
Old 08-25-2008, 09:58 AM   #27
Melissa Urban

Profile:
Re: Fight Gone Bad Mix

I know there are other FGB mixes on the boards (some really good ones, too), but there's nothing wrong with a little variety. And since there's a giant FGB charity event coming up, I thought I'd post this now. I made a FGB mix for our NH park workout this past weekend. It's the three round version - the song is 19 minutes long (so you get a little extra music while you're flat on the ground panting like a dog). Every minute, the music stops and there's a 5 second siren to let you know it's time to change stations. (Note, that's not an EXTRA 5 seconds... once that siren hits, you'll have 5 seconds of siren and 55 seconds of music to get the work done.)

The music is PG-13, no swearing. The tracks include
  • Chemical Brothers (Setting Sun)
  • Linkin Park (X-Ecutioner Style and Bleed it Out)
  • Juelz Santana/Pit Bull (There it Go)
  • Crystal Method (Name of the Game)
  • Roni Size (Railing).
You can download the Zip file here: www.xomcards.com/friends/FGB.zip (WFS)

Melissa

Last edited by Melissa Urban : 08-25-2008 at 10:21 AM.
Old 08-25-2008, 10:14 AM   #28
Chris Kemp

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen A Hollingdale View Post
Kempie,
I thought the workout DID include the transition; the time it takes to move to the next exercise comes out of the minute for that exercise, so you may only get 50 seconds to work on it if it takes 10 seconds to get to the station. Or maybe I am misunderstanding your point.

The transition is one of my big problems with FGB; the rowers are up a (double height) floor from the weight room in my gym so I have to go through one door, up a loooong flight of stairs, through another door and then to the back of the cardio room if I want to row. I usually sub an exercise for rows, but occasionally I just row for the 35 seconds or so having run to the station. Of course this does mean my scores are worse than they could be because I don't have a way to count the work done during the run transition. If transition is not included I can do it as RX'd but I'm not convinced.
Stephen- you understand correctly mate. I was just commenting on the post above mine where the interval music had a 5 sec additional transition time so 65secs per interval.

Cheers, kempie
Old 08-25-2008, 04:37 PM   #29
David Meverden

Profile:

Though I don't approve of their t-shirt for advertising scheme, I'm going to give a third recommendation for the*** timer. They do make a nice little product the likes of which I'd wanted for a long time.

It's about the size of a beeper and has 2 alternating round times that you can set. I've used it for 20s-10s tabata rounds and conventional 3 min on 1 min off boxing rounds. You can even change the beep length to 1, 5, or 10 seconds, so for boxing I use the long beep to give me a "10 second warning."

Of course maybe my 150 posts on these boards was just a long drawn out scheme to build up my credibility and then wait in the weeds for an appropriate thread. Then, BAM! Plug ********************** Muahaha, my plan has worked perfectly . . .

Last edited by Lynne Pitts : 01-06-2009 at 11:28 AM.
Old 08-03-2009, 06:28 PM   #30
Todd Lash

Profile:

Paul, Sky or anyone else...the mixes that were posted for FGB at the filecrunch address are not coming up. Anyone have a different link or other mixes? Thanks!