CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Running a CrossFit Facility
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Running a CrossFit Facility Tips and guidance on how to open and operate a CrossFit gym.

Old 09-16-2010, 05:02 PM   #1
Ed Britt

Profile:
New Affiliate Coming to TN!

Hey guys, I'm new to the board as a poster, but have lurked here for years.

Not really a question at the moment, just a few comments...

#1- The board is great, just like the CF community. So thanks for the wealth of information! I have used the posts extensively for my own programming and fitness journey and am now gleaning a ton of info from the affiliate section.

#2- As mentioned in the thread topic. I am planning to open a new affiliate in Kingsport, TN. At this point in the process, I am L1 Certified and my essay has been approved by HQ. Just trying to get my insurance and other required wickets in order before pulling the trigger...

As it stands, I'm planning on going all in and quitting my current job. Probably not the wisest choice financially. However, with 70+ hrs a week in my current situation it just isn't feasible to plan and run a box.

Again, thanks to all for the expanse of information available here. Any comments or suggestions are welcome and I'm sure as things progress I will have some questions I can't find answers to in old posts.

Oh, also, any closet CrossFitters located in NE TN, give me a shout, I'm planning some free Saturday workouts in the meantime before the box is ready.

Ed
Old 09-17-2010, 09:13 AM   #2
Eric Chapman

Profile:
Re: New Affiliate Coming to TN!

Goodluck with opening your affiliate Ed. The Tri cities area is a great part of TN.

Hopefully once you open some of us Knoxvillians will make it up there.
Old 09-17-2010, 10:33 AM   #3
Ed Britt

Profile:

Thanks brother, when I free up some time, I'd love to come down to Knoxville for a visit. I'd like to do this prior to opening, to get more ideas and talk through some of my concerns in person.
Old 09-22-2010, 07:58 AM   #4
Brian Parana

Profile:

Hey Ed,
If you need any help with purchasing equipment, let me know. We have low overhead and can offer great produces for great prices. fpfitnessdistribution@gmail.com is where you can get a hold of us.
Give us a list of equipment on your wish list and we can see how we can help. Thanks!