CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Community
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Community Catch all category for CrossFit community discussion.

Old 01-10-2008, 08:25 AM   #11
Lenora Galitz-Pfeffer

Profile:
Re: Who/what inspires you?

I'm inspired by my colleagues in Albany cf, and my trainer, Jay, who keeps reminding me of how strong I really am, especially during doubtful moments.
I'm inspired by knowing this will keep me strong and well the rest of my life. I've needed to pull and push my bodyweight during times of leg or back injury. This will strengthen my entire body. Finally, permit me to reference another thread: I want to look good naked.
Old 01-10-2008, 08:32 AM   #12
Brett Andrus

Profile:

I do CrossFit just because it allows me to continue to improve on myself.

But, what gets me out of bed at 5am is the 56 yr old guy who's had 2 hernias who never used to train and was obese and the 40-something woman who was once paralyzed and in a wheelchair from lupus who'll be there, at the gym, at 6am waiting for me.

What motivates me to train hard is the 20-something who's PRs are starting to pass mine and I know it's because he's working harder and in "the zone" (Yeah, you JJ).
Old 01-10-2008, 09:22 AM   #13
John Edmondson

Profile:

The feeling I had when I finally deadlifted 300# or landed a 43" box jump (modest numbers I know, but numbers I never thought possible before Crossfit). Inspiring others to take on a healthier lifestyle through my example. Providing a healthy example for my 2- and 4-year old sons, not to mention the ability to keep up with them. That's enough for me.
Old 01-10-2008, 01:12 PM   #14
Susie Rosenberg

Profile:

Most of it, by now, is self-reinforcing. I feel most alive when I am moving. Exercise is my best meditation, my worship, my celebration of being alive. It gives me great joy.

I'm not the best record-keeper. Today I worked out hard and had great fun, but I forgot to write down the workout and my times and reps, etc. At 52 years old, with some parts wearing down, it's not so much about PRs and records, it's all about joy.

The gym is my sanctuary. For an hour or so, nothing exists but a series of moments, each one an invitation---and demand----that I do my best.

I have to say I couldn't have gotten here to this place of reliable joy without the help of my friend and trainer, Jason Ackerman of Albany Crossfit. I came to him when I was fat and out of shape, and he just never let up on me. He believed in me before I could believe in myself. Thanks, buddy, for everything. You're the best!

Susie
Old 01-10-2008, 02:50 PM   #15
Jake Di Vita

Profile:

Lance Armstrong and Tiger Woods inspire me more than any other athlete today.
Old 01-10-2008, 03:59 PM   #16
Lenora Galitz-Pfeffer

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susie Rosenberg View Post
Most of it, by now, is self-reinforcing. I feel most alive when I am moving. Exercise is my best meditation, my worship, my celebration of being alive. It gives me great joy.

I'm not the best record-keeper. Today I worked out hard and had great fun, but I forgot to write down the workout and my times and reps, etc. At 52 years old, with some parts wearing down, it's not so much about PRs and records, it's all about joy.

The gym is my sanctuary. For an hour or so, nothing exists but a series of moments, each one an invitation---and demand----that I do my best.

I have to say I couldn't have gotten here to this place of reliable joy without the help of my friend and trainer, Jason Ackerman of Albany Crossfit. I came to him when I was fat and out of shape, and he just never let up on me. He believed in me before I could believe in myself. Thanks, buddy, for everything. You're the best!

Susie
Also - Susie has inspired me. She was my trainer the month Jason was away. I was never more encouraged to "go for it", nor was I ever safer with all my "drama queen injuries".
Old 01-11-2008, 04:37 AM   #17
Jacob Levin

Profile:

Henry Rollins. Brett, you have his piece "On Iron" on your website - I read that once every few months just to remind myself why I'm doing this. Also, nothing gets me jamming for a brutal workout like "Low Self Opinion".

The gym at the university I'm studying with this year is hard-core. Nobody but myself (as far as I know) is doing Crossfit, but every trainer knows his business, and it's rare to see someone touch one of the machines. Overhead squats and heavy deadlifts are not rare sights. It's inspiring to work out in a place where the other guys are at least as tough as you.
Old 01-11-2008, 09:55 AM   #18
Andy Wagner

Profile:

What inspires me? Well, I turn 44 this month and I have two children - son 6, daughter 2. I have a wife that is 7 1/2 years younger than me. By the time my daughter will complete 4 years of college, I will be 63. Everyone is younger than me! I kind of got a late start on the child baring, so I want to be full of energy, running and playing with my kids up to the time they leave the house and then to be heathly in my retirement years.
Old 01-11-2008, 10:08 AM   #19
Joe Butler

Profile:

Who inspires me? My wife, Cyn, inspires me to be the best man I can be. All you Crossfitters out there inspire me. Art Devany inspires me. Stories of our aboriginal ancestors and their feats of fitness inspire me.

What inspires me? The desire to be the best I can be. The desire to survive, thrive and evolve into what I can become.

Joe B.
Old 01-11-2008, 12:20 PM   #20
Randy Tarasevich

Profile:

The thought of not coming out on top of a violent encounter. Which leads me to the thought of not coming home to my family at the end of the day.