CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 06-06-2006, 01:53 PM   #21

Profile:

stephen - sleep disturbances can be the result of a million different variables. check out the book "lights out" by ts wiley and bent formby. until then some things to try: make your bedroom pitch black, pretty cool, no TV or computer work within a couple hours of bed, try doing a hot shower an hour or so prior to bed to get a subsequent body temp drop.
Old 06-06-2006, 02:44 PM   #22
Nikki Young

Profile:
In additon to what Greg has said, balancing out your bodies acid base will help. Magnets help with doing this, check out these inasoles, i've tried them and did a test with them, totally amazing when balancing out the body http://www.nikken.com/index.cfm?fuse=prod1&prod_id=4126
Check out the other products as well, i haven't tried them personally but i assume the magnetic layout of them are the same.
Old 06-06-2006, 03:40 PM   #23

Profile:

but magnets taste funny
Old 06-06-2006, 04:22 PM   #24
Simon Benoit

Profile:
LOL! .....Greg

Stephen -
You should also take a look at your surroundings as Electro Magnetics Fields (EMF) produced by electric devices affects the human body. Turning your bedroom pitch black, as Greg said, should help a lot.

Still, if you live near high voltage power lines or a telecomunication tower I'd suggest you move. Studies show that number of cancers in these sectors is abnormally high because exposition to EMF's emmited by those structures promote cancer. It also reduces the immune system defenses. So if your home is near anything like that get away.

How far is enough? - If these structures are out of sight you are ok.
Old 06-07-2006, 10:20 AM   #25
Stephen Cork

Profile:

Thanks Everyone,

I've been doing the lights out stuff for the past couple of months. Apart from it feeling nicer to go to bed in a dark room, i haven't really noticed any sleep improvement.

Sometimes i have a cold shower close to bed time - maybe doesn't help.

I have got a clock radio right next to my bed which is probably not good. I don't think i have a problem with power lines, but good reminder.

Nikki, what did you experience from the magnets?

Added romaine lettuce and dandelion leaves to my meal.

Cheers,
Steve.

Old 06-07-2006, 03:08 PM   #26
Nikki Young

Profile:
I did a test with them. First without standing on the inasoles i stood still with feet together and i had to resist the pressure being placed on one of my hands so that i wouldn't fall over, in the two times i did this without the magnetic inasoles i tipped over, and i was putting lots of pressure on. I then stood on the inasoles and did the same test, placing pressure on the resistance and i didn't budge, the guy putting pressure on my hands was being really forecful but i was solid to the ground. It was kinda freaky actually, but i guess thats just one example of how the mahnetic field balances you up. I'm going to buy some soon actually.