CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Community
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Community Catch all category for CrossFit community discussion.

Old 08-10-2005, 06:54 AM   #1
Joshua F Hillis

Profile:
My boy Ivan chundered on this cool mixed up Tabata hell I came up with that alternated between pullups, medicine ball rotations, and squats. (it mixed 'em in like 20 seconds pu, rest, 20 sec squats... thought I'd try something new)

I'm considering having a Pukie shirt shipped to Brazil.... maybe I should get a case.

Anyway I'm SOOOOO STOKED. I've been back a week, and so far I've got 3 clients. haven't decided a space, but I'm working 'em out at the beach 'cause the lifegaurd stations come equipped with nice high sturdy pullup bars and pretty sweet parallel bars. Plus I can use the lifegaurd station wall for wall ball -using the city crest as the target.

Anyway, life is rad. Oh yes, I did just say "rad"
Old 08-10-2005, 10:09 AM   #2
Eric Cimrhanzel

Profile:
So... how long until we have a CrossFit Brazil?

Great work, Josh!
Old 08-10-2005, 02:27 PM   #3
Joshua F Hillis

Profile:
CrossFit Brazil... it's very possibleI may put in a request for that. We'll see. It still feels kinda early right now. But maybe I should "build it and they will come".

BTW: I'm half way through your manual. So far, very very cool. Quotable even. My favorite part is the first page:

"An effective leader must be physically fit. It is true that most of us will never find ourselves leading a rifle platoon across the 38th Parallel, or fleeing Soviet dogs through the Siberian wastelands. However, physical fitness helps us to set a good example, look better, live healthier, think clearer and function better. This manual exists to guide cadets in making decisions about their fitness and abilities, so that they are better prepared to lead in the private and public sectors of the world.
-Phillips

Many of the concepts stated in this manual are not new. In fact, many of them are older than any ancestors you can name, which is why they work so well and have stood the test of time. However, some of what is presented has been stated recently by the leaders in the Health and Fitness industry, including a certain maverick open-source program, and great care has been taken to make sure that the information is accurate and complete to the best of each author’s knowledge.
-Cimrhanzel"

Also like the way you build everything in the manual absolutely from the ground up. Like even going into proper running form, hydration, ect. which never would have occurred to me.
Old 08-10-2005, 04:45 PM   #4
Eric Cimrhanzel

Profile:
If you build it, the hot Brazilian girls will come, too.

And thanks a lot for the praise! That "Phillips" quote was actually the very first section of the manual. My college roommate for this semester, Forrest Phillips, was the one who approached me about the idea for a Physical Training Manual. Then we started talking about who had studied and practiced and knew the most about PT amongst all of our buddies, and the answer kept coming back around to me. So, me it was.

I'd love to sell it, or re-work and expand it as a variation, especially since it's purely bodyweight-based as is, but for now, I look at it as a service to those who have given so much to me already, which is why I'm handing it out to the Corps.

Be sure to send me a review when you get done (please)! I know I keep bothering people about that, but the CrossFitters who have reviewed it so far have had truly excellent comments.

10 more days till I get back to A&M, and 21 until we start training. I can't wait.
Old 08-10-2005, 06:35 PM   #5
Russ Greene

Profile:

Great work on the manual, Eric. Have you posted a link to it on this site? I'm sure I lot of people would like to read it, as there's so much good information in one spot.

Previously Masquerading as Ross Greenberg
Old 08-11-2005, 12:28 AM   #6
Eric Cimrhanzel

Profile:
Russ,

I tried several times tonight to get it up here. No luck. If I can't get it uploaded here tomorrow, I'll just upload it to the Falcon Fitness blog I've got now and post that link here.
Old 08-11-2005, 12:39 AM   #7
Eric Cimrhanzel

Profile:
You know what I hate? When you say "Nope. Couldn't do it", and then you turn right back around 2 seconds later (okay, it was actually 7 seconds), and figure out exactly why something wouldn't work.

Long story short: It's up.