CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 09-15-2008, 11:27 PM   #611
Delita Wright

Profile:
Re: Gina Johnson's Log

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camille Lore View Post
Cheating please.. you do the workout first then tell me how it's cheating, buddy!
I think next time someone says something about my kips I'm going to tell them it's for gymnastics and hopefully they'll be so confused they will just go away.
Love it when people decide to chat with you in the middle of a workout where you're gasping for breath. And to be in less shape than you are and offer criticism?
LOL!!! Too funny! As a fat person, I have to say this is the best one! =p

Delita
Old 09-15-2008, 11:31 PM   #612
Delita Wright

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina Johnson View Post
Well, it's been since Thurs that I did Murph. My arms were extremely pumped after the workout and the pump continued on all day. I woke up the next day and could not straighten out my arms. They were still pumped. The next day (Sat) I woke up w/ crazy pain in my biceps, foreams and elbows. It was and is way beyond ANYTHING I'd ever experienced in muscle soreness. The pain just continued to increase and my biceps are so swollen, I almost don't recognize my arms. I've been icing like a mad woman and taking motrin but nothing has alleviated the swelling and pain.They feel as if someone hit me w/ a sledgehammer hard. It hurts to pick anything up. I couldn't even fathom picking up a 10 # wt for my daughters workout a little while ago. I started to get concerned w/ thoughts of rhabdo running through my head. Luckily my urine is not brown and after much research on this amazingly helpful forum, I found similar cases of this. Sounds like my bicep muscle fibers have been seriously torn which was obvious to me. The recovery sounds like it could be a while till I can do a pullup again. What was baffling to me was that I've done Angie 2x which was 100 pullups and 120 pullups and 120 dips (subbed for 30 mu's) and felt the normal soreness afterwards. The only difference this time was that ALL the pullups were kipping and they were done on a pullup bar w/ handles so they were more like chinups. I normally always do overhand but never expected THIS could happen. The 200 pushups afterwards is probably what did me in. Well also all that kipping because my other pullups were all dead hangs and my body wasn't used to doing that many w/kipping. Who the heck knows. All i DO know is OMG, I never want to go through this again. I can't believe how hard it is to do simple things w/out the ability to move my arms (duh)!! I'm way behind in the burpee challenge but that's too damn bad. I even had to cancel tennis this morning which killed me to have to do.Thats the least of it . I'm just glad my urine isn't brown suz I'd probably be at the hosp right now. I need all the rest I can get. This may take a while to get back to normal. Needless to say, I'm not getting much sympathy from all the nonCFers in my life which would be my entire family and 99% of my friends. They're baffled as to why I would want to do a workout like that in the fisrt place!. I can't explain it and even if I did, they still wouldn't understand. I know my CF peeps here on the board will give me some and understanding.

On a happy note, this rest has allowed me time to start reading SS!!!!!!!!! It's sooooooo awesome!!!!
Yikes! What a *Super Trouper!* (Okay, I love the Mamma Mia movie.) Thanks for the cautionary tale, and, I think we are all glad about the urine not being brown. Reallly not fun.

Delita
Old 09-16-2008, 04:59 AM   #613
Gina Johnson

Profile:

Thanks Alix, Derek and Delita !!
Yeah for yellow urine!! Sorry, that was gross.

Derek, I did find your thread, thanks for sharing that too. Huge learning experience here.

Feeling like a million bucks this morning...well maybe not that much YET!!

Finally was able to sleep last night somewhat comfortably and woke up almost able to straighten out my arms. STILL very swollen though. I should be good to go by Sat for tennis!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:kicki ng0:
Old 09-16-2008, 05:36 AM   #614
Camille Lore

Profile:  

Whew...good to hear!
Old 09-16-2008, 08:24 AM   #615
Carla Tremblay

Profile:

Glad to hear you're getting better!!
Old 09-16-2008, 08:33 AM   #616
Patrick Haskell

Profile:

Glad to hear that you're on the road to recovery. There's too many of us getting hurt these days. We're gonna give CF a bad name.
Old 09-17-2008, 04:59 AM   #617
Gina Johnson

Profile:

Thanks Camille, Carla and Patrick!

Well, arms are still swollen gut at least they're almost able to hang to my sides! Stil lso tight though, amazing.

I think I'm going to take Patrick's advice and focus on reading SS. It's impossible to spend 5 min on these boards. It never fails that 5 min easily turns into an hour, sometimes more. I'll never get any reading done if I don't quit this cold turkey at least till I'm done w/ SS AND I'm still studying for my ACE! No wonder it's taking forever. I can only allot about an hour a as it is to reading a day right now so, yeah it is tough but I'll be back, hopefully soon.

Good luck w/ all your training everyone and here's to many, many, many PR' s to all of you!!!
Old 10-03-2008, 09:07 PM   #618
Derek Maffett

Profile:

Still alright?
Old 10-05-2008, 03:25 PM   #619
Gina Johnson

Profile:

Hi Derek!
Thanks for asking !! Only did 1 wod since my injury- the shovel one. Well, I'm very slowly getting my stength back. From being able to do 15 oh dh pull ups and now down to 5. The fifth is a major struggle though. That mild case of rhabdo left such a mark on me that I'm afraid to do anything rx'd still. Still doing the burpee challenge and 50 reps of all sorts of things, much like a broken up filthy 50. My strength is did not go down in anything else other then the pull ups.

Anyway, spending a lot of time studying for the ACE, SS and reading skinny *****. I'll be back logging when i'm done w/ all that. I must say, staying away from the boards, as much as I miss it, has given me that extra time I need to study.
Old 10-05-2008, 04:20 PM   #620
Christin Street

Profile:

Wow, Gina! I had no idea it was actually a mild case of rhabdo! Lots of folks joking about it out here but it's a very serious thing. Glad to see you back out here and gradually easing back into working out. I've missed you for sure and hope you're 100% better soon.