CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 02-07-2014, 10:03 AM   #11
Steven Thunander

Profile:
Re: Pendlay HD prices

If you are doing primarly Oly, get a Pendlay NB or a Rogue Burgender/Blackjack bar.
Old 02-07-2014, 11:44 AM   #12
Jordan Derksen

Profile:

So after some internet reading I'm sold on the DHS. Apparently around 500ish, so only 100 more than a Pendlay HD and supposedly ten times the bar. I'd like to pick it up but I'm having trouble finding places to buy it. Is it only sold at dynamic-eleiko? Anyone know a good reliable site to pick this bar up from?

And just to be sure, the bar everyone talks about is the DHS international training men's bar right? I was a little confused at first. I didn't realize that DHS is actually it's own company, for some reason I thought it was an economical eleiko bar.

Thanks for the info guys, especially for Oly work everyone says the DHS mimics the whip and spin of an Eleiko which is good because come competition time I won't have to relearn the timing or pull too hard and lose it behind.
Old 02-07-2014, 01:25 PM   #13
Sean Hang

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan Derksen View Post
So after some internet reading I'm sold on the DHS. Apparently around 500ish, so only 100 more than a Pendlay HD and supposedly ten times the bar. I'd like to pick it up but I'm having trouble finding places to buy it. Is it only sold at dynamic-eleiko? Anyone know a good reliable site to pick this bar up from?

And just to be sure, the bar everyone talks about is the DHS international training men's bar right? I was a little confused at first. I didn't realize that DHS is actually it's own company, for some reason I thought it was an economical eleiko bar.

Thanks for the info guys, especially for Oly work everyone says the DHS mimics the whip and spin of an Eleiko which is good because come competition time I won't have to relearn the timing or pull too hard and lose it behind.
PR Lifting is selling DHS bars

http://www.prlifting.com/product/dhs...-training-bar/ WFS
Old 02-07-2014, 08:09 PM   #14
Jason A Smith

Profile:

Jordan,

When I looked the only place in Canada I could find that sold them was a place in Toronto. Here:

http://www.kanamahp.ca/collections/t...e-training-bar (WFS)

I even thought about getting one. I have actually lifted on the Pendlay bar so I knew I liked it. Never lifted on the DHS so I cannot compare. I almost bought an Eleiko bar too but it was just too much money.

I know Dynamic Eleiko out of the states sells them. Not sure about payment or shipping. Good luck. If we ever meet up we should do a bar comparo if you get the DHS.
Old 02-07-2014, 09:32 PM   #15
Jordan Derksen

Profile:

Thanks guys.

It looks like PR lifting is a warehouse in Washington. Since I live over a day away that won't work.

Jason, I'm going to just pembina parcel it from the states I think. It was almost 700 bucks on that Canadian site. At dynamic Eleiko and dynamic fitness equipment it's 509 american; way cheaper just to drive to pembina and pick it up. And yes if your ever in winnipeg I'm not too far outside. 15 minutes south of the perimeter down the 59. You're invited to come lift anytime you're in the city.