CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 11-15-2007, 05:05 PM   #1
Brian Castillo

Profile:
FDAZ "fitness deviants Arizona"

This log is intended for fire personnel in ARIZONA, please include your name, department, station, and shift for some good ol' fire house competition. Thanks, and be safe.

Brian Castillo "Fitness Deviant"
Northwest Fire District
Station 36 "C"

GI Jane
100 burpee pullups
0952, yes pukie showed up
Old 11-16-2007, 10:06 AM   #2
Leif Lake

Profile:
Re: FDAZ "fitness deviants Arizona"

hey Brian, told Jake you would be introducing him to some nice "girls"
Fran today 6:03 pr by 3:11.
Leif Lake
Salt River FD
B shift 292
Old 11-16-2007, 01:15 PM   #3
michael heinz

Profile:

I've been doing Crossfit for about two months now, today was my first Fran for time...6:20. Pullups on the second and third sets broken, thrusters on the second and third sets were slooow....Followed it with 3 sets of 20 GHD situps. Brian, I heard that you were banned from doing Crossfit at the station, tell me it ain't so...
Crossfit has taken off at Station 9 B! Initially it felt like I was trying to get the guys at the station involved in some sort of money pyramid scheme, (So tell me...what is your definition of fitness?), but we now have 10 guys pacing around the computer waiting for the next WOD to refresh!

Mike Heinz
PM9 B shift
Tucson Fire
Old 11-16-2007, 10:22 PM   #4
Nicholas Ranney

Profile:

Hey Leif, Mike, good to here from you guys. No Fran today Big tree job, 6 plus hours. Nice times, will give it a try tomorrow, last time was 7:30 looking for unbroken sets this time.
Nick Ranney
Drexel Fire
Sta. 4 B-shift
Old 11-16-2007, 10:38 PM   #5
James Heal

Profile:

Least favorite workout of all time.

20 muscle ups, 8 unbroken, sets of 3-4 following that.
Fran, 4:07. PR by 20 seconds, but I really thought I could pull a sub 4 this time.

My brother at st 10 blasted out a 3:23. sibling rivalry kicking into high gear.

good job all.

Jim Heal
EN03
A
Tucson Fire
Old 11-16-2007, 10:39 PM   #6
James Heal

Profile:

Mike give me a call about CF presentation. The first one to Neid went well
Old 11-17-2007, 09:33 AM   #7
Benjamin Singley

Profile:

How's it? I'm hoping that posting in here will shame me into working out a little bit more. Might be a while before I start posting for time. Thanks for plugging me into this stuff Jim! Hope TFD adopts the program.
Fran kicked my butt...

Swinger, C Shift
TFD
Old 11-17-2007, 11:00 AM   #8
Brian Castillo

Profile:

This is great, I am extremely excited about the response.

Mike, to answer your question, I was working extra and the BC called to tell the capt. "we" were not to do any PT program other than what the district had supplied and created. Basically I was being told not to use the rope I hung-with permission-to do ring stuff. My captain was able to track him down to get clarification. The jist was, he was talking out of his A**. currently I am having "meetings" with our Perr Fitness Trainers to get them to buy the idea. I really wish I could read the situation better, but for know we can do this stuff with what is here and what I have made or bought and bring every day.

on a WOD note, michael is one of my favorites but we just got a tractor tire so we will be flipping it in teams with something else. I'll post results when were done and I can type...
Old 11-17-2007, 03:38 PM   #9
michael heinz

Profile:

Did "Michael" in the park today: 20:02. Had to sub good mornings for the back extensions; this is the first workout that I'm able to compare a previous time with and I came in just over 2 minutes faster. The improvement helped ease my discomfort at having to do the wierd looking gm's in front of a bunch of people watching their kids play soccer.

Mike Heinz
PM9 B
Tucson Fire
Old 11-17-2007, 10:46 PM   #10
Benjamin Singley

Profile:

I've got a pair of these I've been using for a few years now. http://www.metoliusclimbing.com/hold...s_rockring.htm I'll probably start bringing them to the station and see how long it takes me to do a muscle up They're easier on your shoulders than a bar and seem to work you more...similar to gymnastic rings, I guess. Hoping someday I'll be able to do a front lever too. I did Fran a couple of more times today just for fun. It got more disjointed as I went, & I had to back off on weight for the thrusters, but this is the first time I've worked with weights where I haven't hated it.

Last edited by Benjamin Singley; 11-17-2007 at 11:15 PM..