CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Testimonials
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Testimonials CrossFit's successes / your achievements

Old 11-02-2005, 09:58 AM   #1
John Kaupp

Profile:
This past Saturday at Coach Burgener's I hit my first bodyweight snatch. Snatched 90kg. at 87kg. bodyweight. I have snatched 90 before, but at about 92kg. After our snatches and clean and jerks were finished The Irvine group, Josh, Justin and myself were challenging each other with stuff deemed crazy by most people. Started off with Dragon Flags, then Clapping pullups, then two-finger and one finger pullups(middle finger mostly), then clapping L-sit pullups(Skip was the frontrunner on these), partner rocking situps, straight bar muscleups, Kisha's holding the toe pistols, Max's Gunslinger KB routine, Max doing Turkish getups with 2 24kg. KBs., 2 KB Alternating snatches and the Gladiator.(Might be leaving out a few things). This is what Fitness is supposed to be. It was like playing H-O-R-S-E with exercises. Somebody would do something, and everbody else would try it. Competing in my first Oly. lifting meet this weekend.

I am not as avid a CrossFitter as most on the board, (more of a Grease the Groove kind of guy right now, but have done many of the girls and the April Fools Day Massacre) but I have found myself doing and attempting things I had never done before. Could not do a handstand last December. My best handstand walk is now 13 yards and getting close to doing an unassisted HSPU. Completed the RKC course in June. I can do pistols, I have snatched the 40kg. for reps. I have done a muscle up on rings(twice). My teams are using CrossFit inspired workouts and exercises and reaping the benefits, not only physically but mentally as well. They walk through the door expecting to be challenged and welcoming it rather than shrinking from it. Can not say enough good things about what this site has brought about not only in myself, but for others as well.
Old 11-02-2005, 01:46 PM   #2
Charlie Reid

Profile:
Amen. I definitely appreciate all your input on my training and look forward to all the training advice i get when i walk into the S&C building. Congrats on the Snatch and thanks for helping me improve my O-lift technique! Someday i'll have that BW Snatch PR to boast about. Good luck on the competition this weekend.
Old 11-02-2005, 02:16 PM   #3
Lincoln Brigham

Profile:
Awesome John.
Old 11-02-2005, 06:36 PM   #4
Sean Harrison

Profile:
Lincloln I guess that's you...now you sorta look like Billy Connely!
Old 11-02-2005, 09:11 PM   #5
Brad Hirakawa

Profile:
Sean.... I have to say again... the Nardpuncher nickname is great!

Where did the green gloves go? :-)

edit: Kick *** John!

(Message edited by hirakawa on November 02, 2005)
Old 11-03-2005, 10:45 AM   #6
Lincoln Brigham

Profile:
Sean,
Many years ago I used to play bass in a Top-40 R&B/funk band. I was the Token Caucasian. To the rest of the guys in the band I looked like Timothy Hutton. Or Dennis Miller. Or Bob Dillon. It changed every week. After a while the guys just figured all white guys must look alike. True story.
Old 11-03-2005, 12:33 PM   #7
Frank C Ollis

Profile:
Once, while stationed in Japan, I was walking down the street on my way to the bar. All of a sudden there were Japanese Police all over me. Any one who has been there knows, do not mess with the JP's, they will straight beat you down. I lay down on the ground and put my hands staight up over my head. I got a knee in the back, hand cuffed, and shoved in a go-kart(police car). They drove 3 blocks, and the radio went crazy. The 2 JP's in the car looked at each other, drove me back where they picked me up, uncuffed me, said "So Sorry", and drove away.

I went and called the Military Police, they came and got me. Turns out, they were looking for a 5'9" 160lb white guy. I am 6'1", 225lbs.

Moral of the story, I am not sure, but I didn't get beat down.

We really do all look alike.
Old 11-03-2005, 03:47 PM   #8
Kenneth Urakawa

Profile:
5'9", 6'2"--all you white guys look tall.
Old 11-03-2005, 09:01 PM   #9
Sean Harrison

Profile:
Brad
I wish I knew where my Hulk Hands picture is! I lost it somewhere when I put my new Robert A. Heinlein avatar up.
Licoln Dennis Miller! I never thought of that one.

As for whites looking alike, I work in Taiwan, and some students walked past me on the street and said " Hi Christophe!" he's an inch or two shorter than me and about 155lbs ( I'm 220) His face is narrow, mine's round.
Even back in my hometown (Winnipeg) I'd be confused with others...my favorite is still one guy coming up to me and saying " Hey Rudy you got a haircut!"

Sorry to hijack the post. Excellent work John.