CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Starting
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Starting For newcomers to the CrossFit methodology

Old 07-05-2006, 08:02 PM   #1
Mark Furzecott

Profile:  
First off I really love this site! My question is, When the WOD refers to "for time" what exactly does that mean?? I have looked and cant find it, I may just be slow. Any help would be appreciated
Old 07-05-2006, 08:12 PM   #2
Michael Tong

Profile:
Mark,

Welcome. I am new to this myself so take it for what it is worth. I think they just mean time yourself for the entire exercise, and complete the exercise as fast as you can. This way, you can see improvement in the future. If you take breathers in between sets/reps/excercises, don't stop the clock. Eventually, your overall time will improve, which means you are building endurance or strength or both. This is the way I am doing it, anyway.

Old 07-05-2006, 08:24 PM   #3
Don Stevenson

Profile:
What Michael said.

Start the clock, start working and complete everything in the workout as fast a possible. At the end of the workout stop the clock and thats your score.

As you get fitter your times will drop and you'll have a measure of your progress.
Old 07-06-2006, 09:09 AM   #4
Jeremiah Hurley

Profile:
Mark
the WOD most commonly uses two methods to judge your performance, time and load (how much weight you lifted ie today's WOD) You use the time or load to compare to the same workout repeated sometime in the future as an indicator of your improved fitness