CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 06-30-2012, 07:33 PM   #1
Alex Greenberg

Profile:
Beyond Yourself

Anyone try any of there products? Thinking about getting the PreWod and AMRAP. Would like to hear some feedback on them first. Thanks!
Old 07-01-2012, 01:23 AM   #2
Eric Montgomery

Profile:
Re: Beyond Yourself

Looks extremely scam-ish to me..."increased ready energy, improved capacity for muscle explosions, lactic acid reduction, unsurpassed mental focus..."...if it really did all those things, you'd see Michael Phelps and Ryan Lochte and Usain Bolt shilling it.

PreWod has a "proprietary blend" that includes caffeine and B12, which leads me to believe you could see 99% the same results with 8oz of coffee and maybe a B12 pill that should cost you a dime a day. The AMRAP supplement appears to be nothing more than BCAAs, which are actually useful, but can be found for cheaper any number of places.
Old 07-02-2012, 09:11 PM   #3
Alex Greenberg

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Montgomery View Post
Looks extremely scam-ish to me..."increased ready energy, improved capacity for muscle explosions, lactic acid reduction, unsurpassed mental focus..."...if it really did all those things, you'd see Michael Phelps and Ryan Lochte and Usain Bolt shilling it.

PreWod has a "proprietary blend" that includes caffeine and B12, which leads me to believe you could see 99% the same results with 8oz of coffee and maybe a B12 pill that should cost you a dime a day. The AMRAP supplement appears to be nothing more than BCAAs, which are actually useful, but can be found for cheaper any number of places.
Yea but has anyone tried or taking it before?
Old 07-03-2012, 06:46 AM   #4
Wayne Riddle

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Greenberg View Post
Anyone try any of there products? Thinking about getting the PreWod and AMRAP. Would like to hear some feedback on them first. Thanks!
To me it sounds like someone has a marketing ploy aimed at CF'ers. Give it a try and let us know the results after a month or two.
Old 07-03-2012, 09:25 AM   #5
Rebecca Roth

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Montgomery View Post
improved capacity for muscle explosions,
WTF is a muscle explosion and WHY is that something I would want?? It sounds pretty unpleasant.