CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 07-06-2012, 12:01 PM   #1
Jade Simpson

Profile:
Best suppliment to help with water weight?

Is there even such a thing

I am going strict paleo( have been paleo-ish), not doing any suppliment right now outside of Whey protein. I am trying to lean out, I know "weight wise" I may not drop much more, but the last little bit I want to lose seems to be mainly water, I drink like a fish, sweat like beast, but yet still retain.I really just want more muscle defination.

I am am open to trying whatever.

For what it is worth I am 5'9 and most of the time weigh about 155, and I am obviously a female
Old 07-06-2012, 12:55 PM   #2
Max Savin

Profile:
Re: Best suppliment to help with water weight?

If you want to "dry up," you may want to manipulate your sodium/carb intake, and/or look into a diuretic supplement. The diuretics are for short term use though, if you want to keep water weight off continuously you have to look at your diet.
Old 07-07-2012, 05:35 AM   #3
Joey Shishineh

Profile:

This is pointless. Why would you want to lose water weight? Just because the number on the scale is smaller doesn't mean your are in better shape - If you want more muscle definition, eat better and workout more.

Post up your daily intake and workout schedule.
Old 07-08-2012, 10:59 AM   #4
Chris Mason

Profile:

Unless you have a health concern or are using a drug etc. that causes water retention your theory is flawed. My guess is you need to lose body fat, not dehydrate yourself.
Old 07-08-2012, 05:27 PM   #5
Katherine Derbyshire

Profile:

Many diuretics are banned because they can serve as masking agents for various performance enhancers. If you plan to compete in a drug-tested competition -- like the Crossfit Games -- you should be very careful with these supplements.

As for the point of your question, I'm with Chris and Joey. Unless you're a bodybuilder about to step on stage, dehydrating yourself is pointless and potentially hazardous. And unless you're at bodybuilder levels of body fat, water isn't the issue anyway.

Katherine
Old 07-08-2012, 08:14 PM   #6
Jade Simpson

Profile:

Yeah, im getting stricter regarding what i eat (as far as processed)so hopefully that leans me out that last bit i want. I dont necessarly mind "bulking up" but being 5'9 i already feel bigger (NOT fat) than the average girl and the one one area that while i dont have much excess body fat,is not where i want it is my stomach, i feel like my stomach muscles are building out if that makes sense?you can see muscles,its just bulky looking,but im super short waisted :/

At end of day id rather be able to be strong,be competitve,etc rather than fit an ideal