CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 05-20-2009, 09:51 AM   #1
Scott Parker

Profile:
Sizing Risto Weightlifting Shoes...

Anyone out there have Risto weightlifting shoes? just wondering how they fit and how true the sizing is? I have a low volume, medium width foot. These shoes seem like they are very high quality, hand made and would rather support a smaller operation than go with something made overseas. for $120 they seem like a deal.
Old 05-20-2009, 02:30 PM   #2
Katrina A. Burton

Profile:
Re: Sizing Risto Weightlifting Shoes...

Gwen is very helpful!!!
I just ordered my first pair of custom shoes yesterday. Plus if you buy a stock item they offer a small discount if you mention you are a CrossFitter.

I didn't know the size, so I traced my foot on a piece of paper (make sure you put weight on your foot) and sent her the dimensions (length and width).

I'll let you know how they fit when I get them in the mail!
Old 05-20-2009, 03:10 PM   #3
John S Park

Profile:

They are usually 1 european size down from your running shoes, and true to size with my dress shoes. I have a pair and I ordered one size down from my Vibram Five Finger Sprints (http://www.vibramfivefingers.com/pro...s_Sprint_m.cfm (WFS) click on sizing chart) and they fit perfectly. My feet are a bit on the wider side but the shoes can be adjusted for a wide or narrow foot. The leather should also conform to your foot.

My feet are actually 10 1/4" long but I wear size 43EU 10 3/4" VFF's and also 43EU on my Nike running shoes. Ordering the size 42EU on the Risto shoes were equal. Gwen was really helpful and I did the same as Katrina by measuring my foot length x width on a piece of paper and was recommended on getting the size 42 EU.
Old 05-20-2009, 08:26 PM   #4
Scott Parker

Profile:

i emailed gwen today and ended up with a 44. all of my ice climbing boots were euro sizing and was always a 45.5, so that sounds about right. she did give me the crossfit discount and she was super nice. can't wait to get them. tried to get a pair of the rugby green, but didn't have them in stock so i went with the blue.
Old 05-21-2009, 07:17 AM   #5
Jason Blais

Profile:

Can anyone provide a product review and or a comparioson between the Risto shoes and other models of Oly Lifting Shoes (Rogue, Adidas, and Do Win)?

Thanks in advance
Old 05-21-2009, 06:58 PM   #6
John S Park

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Blais View Post
Can anyone provide a product review and or a comparioson between the Risto shoes and other models of Oly Lifting Shoes (Rogue, Adidas, and Do Win)?

Thanks in advance
I only own the Risto shoes but there is a lot of info on the boards on all of those shoes. They all have great reviews so you can't go wrong with any of them. The heels on the Risto are a little taller than the Rogue and Adidas. People say the Adidas are for more narrower feet so if you have a wide foot, you may want to avoid them. The VS shoes are also highly recommended and might be a lot cheaper depending on shipping.

The only reason I went with the Risto is because I like how they looked and seeing how they were made. The Rogues were also on back order (3 weeks) for my size and were a little more expensive.

All in all, I think you can't go wrong with any of these shoes. If you want a lower heel, you might want the Rogues, or ask Gwen if they can customize the heel size. I do not know if there is any truth to this, but I've heard from a couple people that Rogue are working on a new shoe with 1/2 inch heel? Don't take my word for it though.
Old 05-22-2009, 11:18 AM   #7
Mike Gin

Profile:

I'm still waiting on my custom set to be delivered - will post some info when I receive them. They are my first pair of weightlifting shoes, so I don't have anything to compare them to.

I agree, Gwen was easy to work with and I like the fact for not much more money you can do a custom shoe. I spoke with her on the phone to talk about sizing and she set me up.

Here is the link to the thread I started on her custom shoes:

http://www.board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=45846

Last edited by Mike Gin; 05-22-2009 at 11:23 AM.. Reason: posted link to thread
Old 05-23-2009, 10:18 PM   #8
Katrina A. Burton

Profile:

[QUOTE=Mike Gin;593890]I'm still waiting on my custom set to be delivered - will post some info when I receive them. [QUOTE]

Have you received your order Mike? I just ordered mine on last Monday and she made it sound like they would be finished fairly quickly (like 2-3 weeks), yet your post on the other thread said you ordered them on April 29th.
Old 05-26-2009, 12:40 AM   #9
Mike Gin

Profile:

[QUOTE=Katrina A. Burton;594615][QUOTE=Mike Gin;593890]I'm still waiting on my custom set to be delivered - will post some info when I receive them.
Quote:

Have you received your order Mike? I just ordered mine on last Monday and she made it sound like they would be finished fairly quickly (like 2-3 weeks), yet your post on the other thread said you ordered them on April 29th.
Gwen is shipping them out today (5/26) so they should be here later this week. I actually didn't finalize my design until the first week of May. She quoted me 2-3 weeks so she's is pretty close. I'm fine with the wait - I think that is still a great turnaround time for a custom, handmade shoe.

Photos soon...
Old 05-29-2009, 04:27 AM   #10
Ryan Powell

Profile:

I had a pair designed for my girlfriend and they just came in. They look terrific, exactly as I had instructed.

A couple notes, they are more narrow than the rogue's but not as narrow as the adidas. The heel height is def. higher than adidas and probably about the same as the Do Wins.

The shoes lack somewhat of a finishing touch (only that of what a manufactured should would have) due to them being hand-made. I actually like this.

She squatted in them today and said they felt great. Overall, I highly recommend gwen's products
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	risto-sports.jpg
Views:	3478
Size:	468.9 KB
ID:	4292