CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 06-27-2009, 01:41 PM   #1
Scott Parker

Profile:
Rogue Bar or B&R Bar?

Want to get a bar for home and some bumpers. Going to go with the Rogue bumpers, but cant decide on a bar. Have narrowed it down between the Rogue bar ($245) and the B&R bar ($295).

I have been spoiled lately since I have been using the rec center at a local university, and they have 7 platforms, all Eleiko bumpers and Eleiko OLY bars. After using the Eleiko bars for a few weeks, then going back to my local affiliate and using a B&R bar, let me tell you, it was a night and day difference between the Eleiko and B&R bar (but the Eleiko bar also costs about three times as much as the B&R!) You can feel a big difference between the two, and there is a noticable whip and just better feel with the Eleiko bars.

I dont really care which bar is better suited for power lifting, but if it's between the Rogue and B&R bar, which one is better suited for OLY lifting and has the best spin and whip?

Thanks in advance!
Old 06-29-2009, 08:31 AM   #2
Justin McGinley

Profile:
Re: Rogue Bar or B&R Bar?

The Rogue bar and The B&R bar have very similar spin and whip.

The deal maker/breaker is the center knurling. The B&R bar has it, the Rogue doesn't. (I went for the Rogue for that reason, and others have gone with the B&R for it.)

Both have decent whip and spin, but (as you already know) they are not $800 Eleiko competition bars.