CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > In Sickness and In Health > Injuries
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Injuries Chronic & Acute

Old 02-20-2008, 09:49 AM   #11
Scott Parker

Profile:
Re: piriformis symdrome, rotated pelvis, lumbar sublux, out of comission for a while.

almost forgot to mention...

i was also told that he really doesn't want me to be doing any kind of physical activity for the next six weeks. we did agree that i could do pull-ups, bicep curls and leg extensions (hehe!). looks like i will be doing a lot of pull-ups.

i was told to avoid swimming, dips, and pretty much all crossfit exercises for now (anything that incorporates a lumbar curve i am to stay away from for now), and no running/jogging. he once we get things straightened out he is pretty confident that i will be back to doing crossfit, but suggested that i seriously think about not going back to jiu jitsu.
Old 02-22-2008, 02:09 AM   #12
Aileen Reid

Profile:
Re: piriformis symdrome, rotated pelvis, lumbar sublux, out of comission for a while.

Wow! There's a lot there. Sounds like you have a lot of work ahead of you but you must be feeling pretty positive nevertheless. You have reasons and you have a direction.

I had a bonescan last week and now know my facet joint between L4 L5 is highly inflamed. So I am scheduled for a cortisone in it on March 5. Meanwhile I had my physio apptment today to try and help my knee in the meantime. Deep tissue massage and dry needling of both quads and ITB. It hurt! They still hurt! Go back next Friday. She said they are bad news especially my right one being overactive. She put a little biofeedback thingie on my VMO and vastus lateralis and made me do stuff and we watched how each one was activated. My left side is working better than my right. My VMO is not coming in as early on the RHS. My squats are much better than my steps ups. I'm to keep doing squats and do one legged leg presses. I can do split lunges if I wish but not walking lunges. So that's my progress.

Good luck Scott! Do keep us posted.