CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Exercises
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Exercises Movements, technique & proper execution

Old 02-10-2013, 10:45 PM   #1
Sean M Hutchinson

Profile:
ROWING: CONCEPT 2 DRAG Factor?

How do you determine what is an ideal drag factor for workouts? I usually just leave the rower around setting 7 and i've never checked the drag factor with the monitor. Any advice tips? I'm 5'2" and my best 1000m sprint was 3:43 on a concept 2 but that was a few months ago when I first started messing around with CrossFit.
Old 02-10-2013, 11:08 PM   #2
Jason M Ferguson

Profile:
Re: ROWING: CONCEPT 2 DRAG Factor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean M Hutchinson View Post
How do you determine what is an ideal drag factor for workouts? I usually just leave the rower around setting 7 and i've never checked the drag factor with the monitor. Any advice tips? I'm 5'2" and my best 1000m sprint was 3:43 on a concept 2 but that was a few months ago when I first started messing around with CrossFit.
It depends on your distance. I've found that on sprints all the rules go out the window and a df of 220 (10 on the wheel) works. But on longer pieces, the real rowers swear by df's of 115-120, which would usually be around 4, depending on how much dust is in there
Old 02-10-2013, 11:18 PM   #3
Sean M Hutchinson

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason M Ferguson View Post
It depends on your distance. I've found that on sprints all the rules go out the window and a df of 220 (10 on the wheel) works. But on longer pieces, the real rowers swear by df's of 115-120, which would usually be around 4, depending on how much dust is in there
What would you consider a sprint vs distance? Keep in mind I'm a weightlifter at heart. Anything over a couple seconds is distance.
Old 02-11-2013, 04:11 AM   #4
Mark Martinez

Profile:

This is the link to a thread that best explains this and it is straight off of the CFHQ FAQ. (wfs)
http://board.crossfit.com/showthread...amper+settings