CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Running a CrossFit Facility
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Running a CrossFit Facility Tips and guidance on how to open and operate a CrossFit gym.

Old 08-25-2010, 02:13 PM   #1
Pawel Blaz

Profile:
How do you select a vendor?

I started working out at a local CF six months ago and realized my company provides services that can be used by CF affiliates. Rather than guessing I'd love to know how CF affiliates choose their vendors?

So far I noticed its mostly word of mouth. But other than the CF Games (which I just missed) where else do you look for vendors? Are there any other events I can sponsor? or adds in specific publications?

In other words how do YOU want to hear about my services?
Old 08-25-2010, 03:31 PM   #2
Ryan Hoegner

Profile:
Re: How do you select a vendor?

I try to find somebody in my box, in a friends box or supports the community.
Old 08-26-2010, 08:56 AM   #3
William A Cantrell

Profile:

What company or services would that be...?
Old 08-26-2010, 09:12 AM   #4
Pawel Blaz

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by William A Cantrell View Post
What company or services would that be...?
I did not want to advertise here... "the board is not a place for non-CrossFit organizations to advertise their programs"

Just looking for some guidance as to where you have seen advertising for the services you are currently using or ended up purchasing.
Old 08-26-2010, 11:14 AM   #5
William A Cantrell

Profile:

Announcing that you work for a business tha provides (insert product) and if any one has questions please feel free to ask, is not the same As "Buy this" from me only i have the best! At least thats what i take from that. Rouge, Againfaster, Glen pendalay, troy barbell all post on this forum and help people they just dont advertise. I would think this would be a good place to get you name out there. Otherwise sponsering an event could help get the name out there.
Old 08-26-2010, 12:01 PM   #6
Pawel Blaz

Profile:

Quote:
Announcing that you work for a business tha provides (insert product) and if any one has questions please feel free to ask, is not the same As "Buy this" from me only i have the best! At least thats what i take from that. Rouge, Againfaster, Glen pendalay, troy barbell all post on this forum and help people they just dont advertise. I would think this would be a good place to get you name out there. Otherwise sponsering an event could help get the name out there.
In that case I work for Gulf Management Systems Inc. out of Clearwater, FL. We provide payment processing solutions. We specialize in recurring EFT (ACH and CC) payments as well as point of sale merchant services (credit card processing).

We are competitively priced and easy to work with. I have been communicating with Zen Planner and CF Dashboard to integrate our solution for easier use within their software. But you do not need software to process EFTs with us... just a fax machine.

If you are thinking about EFT or credit card processing please give me a call or e-mail.

800-947-3156
pblaz@gulfmanagementsystems.com
Old 08-27-2010, 06:31 AM   #7
Scott Stevens

Profile:

Quote:
What Will said. Also, hanging around on the boards and posting things OTHER than what you do for a living will make it look like you aren't here just looking for the filthy lucre. Sounds like you have a service that crossfit boxes could use.