CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Starting
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Starting For newcomers to the CrossFit methodology

Old 04-30-2009, 03:13 PM   #1
Eric DeAngelis

Profile:
Wanted to say hi

Hello everybody, fresh piece of meat here at CF.

Did my first WOD of the day yesterday which was

3 timed rounds (21, 15, 9) of;

95 pound snatch squat
chin up

Well I did 3 rounds of the warmup, then went full fury at the workout. Did first round in 7:47 and the second in 11:23, there was no third. I feel like I got hit by a bus today! Legs are real sore, not so much upper body...

I did a scaled WOD for today that was 4 rounds warmup, 1 round of 21, 15, 9 115 power clean and dips, followed by 6 x 400 at the track. I really love this workout so far!

I have been very active in sports my whole live starting with karate and soccer as a grade schooler, what american little boy didnt play soccer, following football up untill college when I got really into lifting. Last year I fell in love with running and triathlons. Recently I have been loggin 30+ MPW and doing Waterbury's TBT training 3 times a week at the gym, and I gotta say CF so far has kicked my ***! From what I read it seems like somehow this will help my running, although last night and today my legs feel like they got run over by a car--and I still have tomorrow which will be worse!

Anyway, hello all; glad to talk with fellow atheletes!

PS: I read a lot about rhabdo last night, half scared myself I over did it ( considering I did 80 reps of two full body excersizes each), can somone link or list workouts that really cause this? Newbie question but honestly with all the sports, tris, half marathons, and trail runs iv done i NEVER even knew this existed...and I know one time i Peed a darker color after a very 'mountainy' 14 mile trail run awhile ago...
Old 04-30-2009, 04:45 PM   #2
Marcus Allen

Profile:
Re: Wanted to say hi

Hi there.

Do a search of rhabdo and many of your questons will be answered.

Even as an experienced lifter and athlete most will recommend scaling for the first few weeks to get used to the new system. Try the Brand X link on the MP.

enjoy.
Old 05-09-2009, 02:50 PM   #3
Parth Shah

Profile:
Re: Wanted to say hi

Keep it up! You'll get used to it soon.