CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > In Search of CrossFitters
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

In Search of CrossFitters For finding other CrossFitters to CrossFit with

Old 01-23-2008, 02:48 PM   #1
Mark Richins

Profile:
CrossFitters in New Hampshire

Hi,

I live in Lebanon, NH and wouldn't mind finding others in the area that do Crossfit. I have been doing Crossfit for 11 months and have not met anyone at the local gym who is doing Crossfit or who would be interested in sticking to Crossfit.

Mark
Old 01-26-2008, 06:39 AM   #2
Jeff Smell

Profile:
Re: CrossFitters in New Hampshire

Hey Mark,
Just wondering how close you are to Manchester? My brother lives there and would need some hands on assistance in getting into Crossfit. He's currently pretty sedentary and could benefit greatly from this. He's always been athletic and into gymnastics, so I think it would be good for him. I told him I'd ask around to see about Crossfitters in his area and get back to him!

Thanks,
Jeff
Old 01-26-2008, 07:42 PM   #3
Mark Richins

Profile:

Hi Jeff,

I am about 1.5 hours from Manchester, so I probably won't be able to help. If your brother moves or something changes, let me know. I will be in this area for couple more years for sure.

Thanks,
Mark
Old 01-27-2008, 10:40 AM   #4
Jeff Smell

Profile:

Thanks Mark. I appreciate your reply!

Good luck and keep it up!
Old 01-28-2008, 08:21 AM   #5
Melissa Urban

Profile:

Nice to see some NH folks.

I train in Manchester and Tilton NH. I've not yet seen another CrossFitter at any of my gyms, nor anyone else with kettlebells. I'm too much of a CrossFit beginner to teach anyone, but I'd kill to have a workout partner once in a while. Lebanon is an hour-plus from where I live, unfortunately.

As for your brother, Jeff, there's a gym in Manchester that does private training, CrossFit style. (The owner is Level I certified.) I train there a few times a month to get a second set of eyes on my form. Plus they have a ton of great toys. I can provide details if you want, send me a message.

Melissa
Old 04-09-2008, 03:58 AM   #6
Mark Richins

Profile:

Hi Melissa,

Maybe one of these days we could meet in Manchester or Lebanon for a WOD. Good luck with your training.

Mark
Old 04-11-2008, 10:57 AM   #7
Melissa Urban

Profile:

Hi Mark,

Sure! Let me know if you ever get over to the Tilton/Manchester area, and I'll do the same if I head west (or if I feel like taking a road trip). I've been teaching a few people some kettlebell basics, and I've sort of made friends at the gym with a guy who doesn't CrossFit, but does good stuff like cleans and deadlifts. Sometimes I ask him for feedback on my form. On a daily basis, though, I'm on my own over here.

Melissa
Old 04-13-2008, 10:49 AM   #8
Mark Richins

Profile:

Sounds good to me, I will keep that in mind, Melissa. There is an affilate on the CF home page that is supposed to be in Manchester. Their website hasn't changed for a long time and I wonder if they have gone out of business. You haven't run across the gym by chance or know anything about it? Here is the address

WCWC
93 S. Maple St
Manchester, NH 03103
Old 04-15-2008, 10:09 AM   #9
Melissa Urban

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Richins View Post
Sounds good to me, I will keep that in mind, Melissa. There is an affilate on the CF home page that is supposed to be in Manchester. Their website hasn't changed for a long time and I wonder if they have gone out of business. You haven't run across the gym by chance or know anything about it? Here is the address

WCWC
93 S. Maple St
Manchester, NH 03103
They are defunct, as far as I know. I haven't seen them doing anything active in almost a year. I wrote to CF Headquarters to see if they could provide any details, but they aren't getting a response from the affiliate either.
Old 04-15-2008, 03:35 PM   #10
Sarah Ellis

Profile:

Melissa,

I frequent NH to visit my parents in Raymond, 20 minutes from Manchester. Any time I am there I try to complete a WOD or two. My next visit is a short one in May, and then a longer one in June. Would you be interested in meeting up for a WOD? I have been doing crossfit for just under a year at CrossFit Fairfax in Fairfax, VA.

Cheers,
Sarah
sadie.rn@verizon.net