CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Community
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Community Catch all category for CrossFit community discussion.

Old 02-21-2008, 08:07 AM   #1
Chris Hill

Profile:
Visiting an affiliate for the first time

I am hoping to visit an affiliate here in the UK for the first time along with a buddy in the next couple of months and was hoping to hear from others who maybe don't get the chance to train with other CFitters let alone at an affiliate and what we can expect.

As the trip would include a 4.5hour drive just to get there I am hoping to arrange some private tutition in the form of a skills lesson for the two of us to become more proficient in the olympic lifts and then join a class for the WOD. Is this a reasonable expectation?
Old 02-21-2008, 12:10 PM   #2
David Wood

Profile:

Re: Visiting an affiliate for the first time

Chris: I think you'll have a blast.

It's sort of obvious, but with that kind of drive and expectations, for goodness sake, let them know you're coming? Make sure they'll have the time for the private lesson you're seeking on that day. Don't just show up unannounced . . . they may have other plans that day.

But yes, most affiliates would be able to offer you what you're looking for.
Old 02-22-2008, 03:08 AM   #3
Rory Gibson

Profile:

Hi Chris,
If it's CF Manchester you're planning to visit, you might be best to post on their forum at www.crossfitmanchester.com - it's active and someone (probs either Karl or Mark) will be able to help you out.

Cheers,
Rory
Old 02-22-2008, 04:47 AM   #4
Randy Tarasevich

Profile:

I didn't think anywhere in England took 4.5 hours to get to.
Old 02-22-2008, 05:32 AM   #5
Steve Liberati

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Tarasevich View Post
I didn't think anywhere in England took 4.5 hours to get to.
The old joke is Americans think 100 years is very long and the British think 100 miles is very long. We both lack perspective
Old 02-23-2008, 05:31 AM   #6
Chris Kemp

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hill View Post
I am hoping to visit an affiliate here in the UK for the first time along with a buddy in the next couple of months and was hoping to hear from others who maybe don't get the chance to train with other CFitters let alone at an affiliate and what we can expect.

As the trip would include a 4.5hour drive just to get there I am hoping to arrange some private tutition in the form of a skills lesson for the two of us to become more proficient in the olympic lifts and then join a class for the WOD. Is this a reasonable expectation?
To echo what David said, I would definitely get in touch before driving all that way. CF Manchester is probably the only UK affiliate that is open all day long.

Others that I know of, including my own, run a weekly class schedule and will offer one on one training or seminars on request.

All that said, if you did call ahead I reckon you could get what you are after at pretty much any affiliate I know of.

Drop me a line if ever you find your way up north to the Durham/ Newcastle area.

Cheers, kempie