CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > In Search of CrossFitters
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

In Search of CrossFitters For finding other CrossFitters to CrossFit with

Old 05-18-2007, 06:40 AM   #1
Erica Mirich

Profile:
Anyone Crossfitting in the Tahoe/Truckee area? I have been CFing on and off for the past two years and finally have a small gagrage gym put together. Just got my Level 1 cert. Would love to workout with others too! Solo just isn't as fun!
Old 05-18-2007, 07:09 PM   #2
Departed

Profile:  
You can join us at Progression Fitness in Reno when you're in town. We're right by Trader Joes.

And, obviously, Eric and I like to ski (as do the coaches at Progression).

www.trainlikeitmetters.com
Old 05-01-2008, 10:58 PM   #3
Corey Bibolet

Profile:
Re: Crossfitters in Tahoe?

I have been looking for someplace to train in Truckee. I just started to do CF type workouts last week. Boy am I sore. I live in Tahoe Donner (long story) and I tried to do some of the workouts there, but it doesn't look like it will work out. I am trying to work on some form and stamina, so I am not very good although, I am in good shape (for a regular workout type of person). I have a long history of working out and was very disillusioned by the standard types of workouts and I have been looking for something else that was more intense. I would like to check out your garage gym. I always do lunch time workouts.
Old 05-02-2008, 06:54 AM   #4
Sean Dunston

Profile:

This is on the affiliate page list... as the CF affiliate in Truckee... anyone tried to go there yet?

http://www.crossfittahoe.com/

wfs
Old 05-04-2008, 12:39 PM   #5
Frank E Morel

Profile:

I am in tahoe city,( live there part time) and I did my workout in the park with my rings. I do have to admit that workout was hard, I suspect that the altitude is playing a huge role. I live at sea level during half the month.

going to the original post of the thread. There is an afil in truckee, but it seems it maybe dwindling. I have email a few times for info and never seem to get a reply back. The website itself hasn't been updated since feb. I think it has succumbed to the typical cycle of tahoe living.. something new comes, stays short lived and then goes away.

I wonder if i could talk my trainer into doing a weekend boot camp up here in the summer.
Old 05-15-2008, 09:01 AM   #6
Erica Mirich

Profile:

Crossfit Tahoe is no longer open, as I have had to relocate. Please contact Zak at Progression Fitness in Reno (www.trainlikeitmatters.com) or Kelly at the Brazilian Ju Jitsu studio in Truckee. She is trying to get a Crossfit started there too.
Old 08-06-2009, 06:06 PM   #7
Travis Weaver

Profile:

CrossFit Avalanche in North Tahoe, CA is now open and is here to stay!
Just what Tahoe needed. On the North Shore of Lake Tahoe CrossFit Avalanche is centrally located in Tahoe Vista, CA in a brand new industrial building. The garage gym 1650sq ft or pure CrossFit pleasure with a vast outdoor park directly behind it. Very close to Tahoe City, Squaw/Alpine, Kings Beach, Truckee and Incline Village.

They offer 5 classes a day and have two great trainers that know CrossFit and live it as their passion. Check out CrossFitAvalanche.com or find their fan page on Facebook. http://www.crossfitavalanche.com

Last edited by Travis Weaver; 08-06-2009 at 06:08 PM.. Reason: Adding content and correcting grammar