CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Running a CrossFit Facility
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Running a CrossFit Facility Tips and guidance on how to open and operate a CrossFit gym.

Old 06-05-2006, 01:39 PM   #1
Jim Turnbo III

Profile:
Anyone using brochures for local Doctor's Offices......? I'm a new Affiliate and have run into a good road block. I found a potential space in a lite industrial building for $5.00 a square foot. 3000 Square feet and the building owner/ next door business has an auto detail/performance shop. For you C & D math students, much like myself, that's $1250 a month plus taxes and utulities. The roadway is one of the highest traveled on that side of the city. I'd hate to let this place go for something as trivial as not having the client base yet to support it.

Like I said I am a new Affiliate and looking for any suggestions on growing as fast as possible. I have a fundraiser in the works for a national organization that has a local chapter. The only thing is that it's not slated until the end of August. This summer will be the year of CrossFit Michiana. I'm taking the "Build it and they will come" theory.

A big plus is the empty portion of the building has been empty for about 3 years. The realtor told me today the owner may be a little motivated.

Any one with ideas, suggestions or comments post or email, please.

Jim
Old 06-06-2006, 01:58 PM   #2
Stephen Cooper

Profile:
Hi Jim,
It seems that I am in a similar position like you. I've been a personal trainer for over 10 years and am now planning to open a CF facility here in CA.. As a matter of fact, I was looking at locations today.
One site that I have used for marketing tips is
http://www.MarketingBestPractices.com . There are a lot of good free ideas there, plus his newsletter has good tips.
The other "king" of marketing is Dan Kennedy. He has books, courses, and newsletters.

Good luck, and let me know your progress,
Coop
Old 06-06-2006, 06:26 PM   #3
Jim Turnbo III

Profile:
Thanks Coop. I've heard of Dan Kennedy. He seems to be great at marketing. I just have to make sure I don't jump the gun and get in too deep. Stay steady and consistant.

Failure cannot cope with persistence.

Jim