CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 06-05-2006, 10:37 AM   #1
David Stegman

Profile:
Ok, I do pretty well when it comes to good sources of protein, fruits, nuts/seeds and the like but I still have the hardest time with veggies.

Raw I can only handle carrots and spinach it seems and I just don't have a lot of time to cook any etc.

My question is: Do any of you take any green supplements? Like garden of life's "super green" or something similar. Are these green supplements good/beneificial? Thoughts and suggestions appreciated!
Old 06-05-2006, 11:43 AM   #2
Roger Harrell

Profile:
What do you mean by "I can only handle" as far as the veggies? If it's a taste thing, well then, sorry, just eat em anyway. You'll develop a taste for it.
Old 06-05-2006, 12:02 PM   #3
David Stegman

Profile:
Some of it is taste but most of it is portability and ease of use. Other than carrots and spinach I don't see a lot of decent greens that are portable other than brocolli.
Old 06-05-2006, 01:54 PM   #4
Jeffrey Crawford

Profile:
I use a greens supplement every morning but just as a safety net i still eat veggies with every meal.
Old 06-05-2006, 02:00 PM   #5
Elliot Royce

Profile:
I used to add the greens supplement to my shake but I couldn't stand the taste of eating my lawn. I'd rather just put strawberries and blueberries in there, rather than the "Soylent green" stuff.
Old 06-05-2006, 02:08 PM   #6
David Stegman

Profile:
I used to use a super green powder then I switched to pills. I went off of them a while back due to cost mainly. As it stands now I eat a lot of fruit during the day and some veggies.

I down a lot of carrots and spinach mainly(as I stated above) but I can't help but wondering if I need to supplement those greens again or just find a way to eat some diffent veggies. There just isn't a lot of veggies you can eat raw it seems.
Old 06-05-2006, 02:18 PM   #7
Jibreel Freeland

Profile:
I think that you may be obsessing about something that doesn't matter. Have you considered the possibility that green vegetables are overrated and largely unecessary as a crtical component of your diet?

(Message edited by nothing on June 05, 2006)
Old 06-05-2006, 02:24 PM   #8
David Stegman

Profile:
Why would I think that green veggies are overrated? Or unecessary for that matter? Don't most around here think you should down more veggies than fruit?
Old 06-05-2006, 02:26 PM   #9
Guest2

Profile:

if you eat any decent amount of animal protein, veggies (particulary those of the green, leafy variety) are absolutely necessary unless you're interested in bone demineralization, don't care about sleeping or maintaining/building lean tissue, etc.

find a way to do it.
Old 06-05-2006, 03:30 PM   #10
Nikki Young

Profile:
Juice Plus+, next best thing to fruits and vegetables. Most researched whole food suppliment in the world. Wouldn't go a day without it. Everyday you get the equivelent of 17 serves of fruits and veggies and 2 grains (tested 1 to a billion for any proteins celics will react too). They remove the water, sugar and salt and place the remainding nutrients kept alive into capsual or chewable form (research has proven they are alive nutrients). 90% of fruits and veggies are organically grown and picked at peak ripness, there are no traces of herbacides, pesticides, bacteria or fungus. Feel free to contact me if you would like more info.

www.juiceplus.com

(Message edited by shnikkidrum on June 05, 2006)