CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 06-28-2006, 02:50 PM   #1
James R. Duwve

Profile:
I've been doing crossfit for a year now and have really enjoyed the gains I've seen in strength and endurance. I've also cut about 10 pounds during my first month getting me down to 165 lbs. However, I've started to notice that I'm getting a little more gassed during the WOD's and on some workouts my times have begun to decrease. Although, my strength seems to continue to show improvement.

After reading countless posts about the Zone, I've decided I should give up my "eat whatever" and "drink whatever" ways and get serious about training. (After 45 years it's about time I got serious about something).

So my question is, besides the article in Crossfit Journal 21, what else would you recommend reading. And, where should I start?

I'm 45, 5'11", I do the WOD's religiously and do BJJ at least 4-6 hours a week (1/2 of which is all mat time). Other than that my activity is trying to keep up with a 4 year old daughter (who by the way loves my rings, my rope and doing pullup's.)

Thanks,
Jim
Old 06-29-2006, 05:14 AM   #2
Jason Steele

Profile:
Mastering the Zone by Barry Sears

There is a plethora of information here on Zone and where to start, etc. The search key is where to start, you will find more answers to your question than you ever thought possible.
Old 06-29-2006, 06:26 AM   #3
James R. Duwve

Profile:
Thanks Jason,
Unfortunately that was the problem. I was overwhelmed with information and was looking for a starting point. I'm going out to get the book right now.