CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 04-14-2014, 04:26 PM   #1
David Le

Profile:
Hookgrip knee sleeves

has anyone used the hookgrip knee sleeves? im curious about them since they're only 14 dollars and that they're pretty good for weightlifting. I have the rehbands right now- how does the hookgrip sleeves fare to them?
Old 04-14-2014, 05:41 PM   #2
Marshall Flagg

Profile:
Re: Hookgrip knee sleeves

Thanks for reminding me. I just ordered a pair. New groovy color too. I have both Rehbands. I don't need the thickness of the classic blues. If I need knee support, whatever, I wrap em up.

I believe the Hookgrips are made by Como. You can get Comos pretty cheap on Amazon. I'll buy Hookgrips because I thoroughly enjoy their Facebook videos, website, posters etc. and I want them to keep doing what they are doing.
Old 04-15-2014, 02:02 AM   #3
Chris Wyckoff

Profile:

I got mine a few weeks ago. Love em. Don't have rehbands but I know they are not thick like that. Sizing is right IMO. I recommend them!
Old 04-16-2014, 05:43 AM   #4
Alison Krick

Profile:

I've had a pair for a while now and they are great. They warm the knees fast and serve their purpose. Lightweight and easy to wash.
Old 05-19-2014, 05:27 PM   #5
Pete Bell

Profile:

How is the sizing, do they stretch? My bodyweight fluctuates between 82-86kgs. I'm concerned that size medium in black 60kg-80kg may be too tight whereas size large in black 80-105kg may be too big.

I bought size small blue Rehbands years ago; they fit perfectly when I bought them and the sleeves haven't stretched much that I can tell. Body weight gain doesn't affect the size around my lower knee and upper calf unless it's calf muscle gain.
Old 05-19-2014, 05:33 PM   #6
Marshall Flagg

Profile:

I was about 84kg this morning. I have larges and they fit fine. Below the knee they stay up. Above the knee I am always pulling them up. I would probably order a medium next time.

Of course, the only knee sleeve I am not constantly screwing with is my size small blue rehbands. Those and 6" wide Ace bandages that are as good as anything-except for their disposable nature.
Old 05-19-2014, 09:14 PM   #7
Pete Bell

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall Flagg View Post
I was about 84kg this morning. I have larges and they fit fine. Below the knee they stay up. Above the knee I am always pulling them up. I would probably order a medium next time.

Of course, the only knee sleeve I am not constantly screwing with is my size small blue rehbands. Those and 6" wide Ace bandages that are as good as anything-except for their disposable nature.
Thanks, your post was helpful because our body weight is about the same. I only get up to 86kg when my daily caloric intake is too high or if I've taken time off from training because of injury, schooling, or work. Iím going to order size medium.
Old 05-22-2014, 11:37 PM   #8
David Le

Profile:

Just an update for you guys: The hookgrip knee sleeves are awesome! they aren't as thick as the rehbands but I love them. They're thin but they still warm up your knees and offer a little bit better movement. I prefer using these for olympic lifts and such over rehband due to not being so restricted. Awesome product for the price! easy to put on lazy hots days when you dont feel like wearing thick rehabnds :P and comfortable
Old 08-25-2015, 12:14 AM   #9
Dare Vodusek

Profile:

Im looking to purchase this, unfortunately I am from Europe and shipping abroad costs almost as much as the product itself.

I do wonder if there is an option to order Hookgrip knee sleeves directly from an Europe seller/dealer?
Old 08-26-2015, 12:26 AM   #10
Blair Robert Lowe

Profile:

Why don't you message/mail Nat of HG?

That being said, you can find them for dirtcheap on Amazon but they don't have the little Hookgrip sticker thingies. Those profits help support HG doing all the things they do.

I like to throw mine on when my knees ache or if it gets cold. I also like the black and red color scheme and wanted to support HG (need to get around to buying like a half dozen of their t-shirts).

They support even more when I just wear them over my knees rather than when I'm wearing my compression shorts and socks. They feel tighter that way.