CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout of the Day
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout of the Day Questions & performance regarding CrossFit's WOD

Old 09-15-2011, 08:51 PM   #1
Philip Crosby

Profile:
User Wod's

So, this is my first post and I really became interested in joining this forum when I saw all of the great ideas everyone has for WOD's. I have been doing CrossFit for about 2 years but never had time for posting due to deployments and training (I am a US Marine). Although the CrossFit home page offers great WOD's, I have to tailor mine more to muscle endurance and cardiovascular ability than power and strength. I do mix plyo's and powerlifting into my workouts, but, I temper them more for low weight/high reps than low reps/high weight. Anyway, I will start this off with a workout that I love doing. Tell me what you guys think and please be critical. I always want ways to improve.
AMRAP in 30 minutes of
10 Strict pullups (you can do kipping too, doesn't matter)
20 D/U's
10 wall ball/box jumps (execute a wall ball with 20lb Dynamax ball, face to the right, execute a 30" box jump holding the Dynamax ball in front of your face, repeat)
20 D/U's
8 Super/Duper Burpees
I know, I know, what is a Super/Duper Burpee?lol. Someone else may have come up with it but I had never seen it so my wife and I named it. Round plate weights are ideal for this but the bodybuilder gym hex ones are okay too. Anyway, I put 135 on the bar. Find a weight rack that allows you to brace the bar against its frame, on the ground. Start by putting your hands on the bar, execute a burpee. Here's where it gets super. Instead of jumping at the end of your burpee, execute a clean and squat. Here's where it gets duper. From the squat, execute a thruster. From the top of the thruster, control the weight all the way down and execute 7 more times. The most I have done in 30 minutes is 5 rounds minus 4 of the super duper burpees. I just couldn't muscle through the last 4. I guarantee you will be smoked after this workout. If not, you're a better man than me.

Last edited by Philip Crosby : 09-15-2011 at 09:20 PM.
Old 09-27-2011, 07:02 AM   #2
Freddie Swenson

Profile:
Re: User Wod's

Your at lejeune? Same here where do you work out? The tactical training center is awesome
Old 11-26-2011, 08:02 AM   #3
Philip Crosby

Profile:
Re: User Wod's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddie Swenson View Post
Your at lejeune? Same here where do you work out? The tactical training center is awesome
The HITT gym? Oh man, that is the greatest gym ever invented. The first day I walked in there, I heard that heavenly "Ahhhhhhh" music. I seriously almost had a sexual reaction to that gym. I promise you that the HITT (for those of you not on Lejeune it stands for High Intensity Tactical Training) gym is probably one of the best fitness centers in the southeast. Honestly, the best part about that gym is that I don't have to go to the other gyms on base and watch people pose in the mirror all day. I am getting ready to PCS and that gym is the biggest thing I am going to miss.