CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 12-17-2008, 06:34 AM   #1521
Richard Vanmeerbeek

Profile:
Re: A Bears Tale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Jenkins View Post
Lightest I have been was 13 stone 7lb which is 189lb, when I am that weight I probably have 4% bodyfat , although at 200lb today my face is still very drawn in and abs / obliques are still just as sharp, I think I have definately gained some muscle size in the glutes, shoulders and back recently. Your signature has been at 187 for a while now, I thought you may have put on some muscle doing more lifting than metcon lately?

PS I can also get out of bed and instantly eat anything, last nights cold chinese is a morning favourite
Oh ok, 4% BF is pretty crazy ! My weight has been pretty much stuck at 85kg for ages, sometimes it can be 84 or 86, but it's 85kg most of the time.

The volume is so low with the O-lifts, I don't really build muscle. I just build more solid neurological responses. It also comes from not being able to squat heavy. If I get my knee sorted out and become able to squat on a regular basis, I'll go up to 87kg I think.

ps: we're the same, I like to have a dinner-like breakfast.
Old 12-17-2008, 09:01 AM   #1522
Nick Harris

Profile:

Quote:
16 December 2008

Split Jerks 1-1-1-1-1-1-1

70k / 75k / 80k / 82.5k / 85kF / 85K/187lb PR / 80k

Not attempting 90k yet its too soon to make that jump with a packed gym and no bumpers. Could get a lot more in a crossfit gym. Equal again Fergus
Congrats on the PR Scott, that is a big lift. I agree with you about having rubber weights and being able to drop the weights if need be. I don't have the flexibility either at my gym. I actually got in trouble the other day for being to loud doing deadlifts, letting the weight drop kind of quickly on the floor. LOL! Oh well.

Hope all is well. By the way, I love the food discussion. I work pretty hard on eating well. But I'm the opposite of you Scott, I love chocolate! Cookies, etc... I have to work hard on not eating that stuff. I do pretty well since I know what it does to your body.

I am jealous of Ricky, being so close to the sea and having lobster, crab, and cod all the time! My wife and I LOVE seafood. Have a good one man.
Old 12-17-2008, 09:11 AM   #1523
Scott Jenkins

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Harris View Post
Congrats on the PR Scott, that is a big lift. I agree with you about having rubber weights and being able to drop the weights if need be. I don't have the flexibility either at my gym. I actually got in trouble the other day for being to loud doing deadlifts, letting the weight drop kind of quickly on the floor. LOL! Oh well.

Hope all is well. By the way, I love the food discussion. I work pretty hard on eating well. But I'm the opposite of you Scott, I love chocolate! Cookies, etc... I have to work hard on not eating that stuff. I do pretty well since I know what it does to your body.

I am jealous of Ricky, being so close to the sea and having lobster, crab, and cod all the time! My wife and I LOVE seafood. Have a good one man.
Thanks Nick, its my favourite kind of Jerk the split version. Seafood is a favourite of mine, I have visited the US two times and was stunned at the size of your prawns, they are twice the size of our king prawns, then again this was Vegas so maybe its just there.

My low sugar tolerance comes from a very sensitive tooth that would ache horribly for two hours after eating any sugar which developed into a reflex in my body not to take any in. Theres the solution to anyone who wants to give up the chocolate, drill a small hole in your tooth and see how much you enjoy it then.

I think Ricky actually loves on a fishing boat, thats what makes hes overhead lifts so impressive with all the rocking of the boat, imagine what he could do on dry land!!
Fran 3:19. Diane 2:49. Elizabeth 5:48. Cindy 26+21. Helen 7:50. JT 7:03. Grace 1.56
www.crossfitblackwater.com
Old 12-17-2008, 01:39 PM   #1524
Fergus Lally

Profile:

Quote:
You beat me then Nik, nice work. I have always preferred doing split jerks to push jerks it seems much more natural to me.

My PB on shoulder press is 70k, I will have to look between Rickys legs later.

16 December 2008

Split Jerks 1-1-1-1-1-1-1

70k / 75k / 80k / 82.5k / 85kF / 85K/187lb PR / 80k

Not attempting 90k yet its too soon to make that jump with a packed gym and no bumpers. Could get a lot more in a crossfit gym. Equal again Fergus

20 min AMRAP from Navyseals site:

10 SDHP KB 1.5 pood
9 Push ups
8 Swings 1.5 pood
7 Sit-ups
6 Pull ups - 12 rounds, 10 SDHP, 9 push ups

Totally unbroken, just plugged on and on.
Good work - I knew that you wouldn't let me pull away for more than a few hours.

Workout from a navyseals site- thats when you know your a tough bast*rd!!

Quote:
Lightest I have been was 13 stone 7lb which is 189lb, when I am that weight I probably have 4% bodyfat , although at 200lb today my face is still very drawn in and abs / obliques are still just as sharp, I think I have definately gained some muscle size in the glutes, shoulders and back recently. Your signature has been at 187 for a while now, I thought you may have put on some muscle doing more lifting than metcon lately?

PS I can also get out of bed and instantly eat anything, last nights cold chinese is a morning favourite
Is your metabolism crazy fast? I really don't like you right now!!

if you need me I'll be enjoying my veg & chicken
Old 12-17-2008, 01:41 PM   #1525
Scott Jenkins

Profile:

17 December 2008

20 min AMRAP
Run 400m
15 L Pull ups
15 Supermans (sub) - 5 rounds 220m

L pull ups are hard with big stupid long legs!! Thats where most of the time went. Finished off the 6th round with strict L pull ups for practice.

30 mins ring work
Mature holds, mature hold dips 1's

Slow motion up into Headstand with 2kg dumbel between feet. Harder than it sounds.
Fran 3:19. Diane 2:49. Elizabeth 5:48. Cindy 26+21. Helen 7:50. JT 7:03. Grace 1.56
Old 12-17-2008, 02:39 PM   #1526
Richard Vanmeerbeek

Profile:

Quote:
17 December 2008

20 min AMRAP
Run 400m
15 L Pull ups
15 Supermans (sub) - 5 rounds 220m

L pull ups are hard with big stupid long legs!! Thats where most of the time went. Finished off the 6th round with strict L pull ups for practice.

30 mins ring work
Mature holds, mature hold dips 1's

Slow motion up into Headstand with 2kg dumbel between feet. Harder than it sounds.
I've had the craziest DOMS coming from L pull-ups, they're definitely mean. Good effort Scott !

I'm in the mood to try something out tomorrow, something new... burpee muscle-ups :stir: 30 for time perhaps
Old 12-17-2008, 03:08 PM   #1527
Nik Nichols

Profile:

We got the same score on today Scott, so I would say that had to be an awesome set of rounds for us both!!!
Old 12-18-2008, 03:25 AM   #1528
Scott Jenkins

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fergus Lally View Post
Good work - I knew that you wouldn't let me pull away for more than a few hours.

Workout from a navyseals site- thats when you know your a tough bast*rd!!

Is your metabolism crazy fast? I really don't like you right now!!

if you need me I'll be enjoying my veg & chicken
The Navyseals site is always my second visit if I need an extra WOD, I got the running Angie one from there which would be a good Saturday workout for you Fergus. yes my metabolism has always been fast and sometimes its a nuisance, took me 15 years to put on a decent amount of muscle, then I go on holiday and lose half a stone.

All level again, I think first time one of us has a go on some bumpers with a nice lifting platform a big PR will be set.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Vanmeerbeek View Post
I've had the craziest DOMS coming from L pull-ups, they're definitely mean. Good effort Scott !

I'm in the mood to try something out tomorrow, something new... burpee muscle-ups :stir: 30 for time perhaps
The L-pull ups have gave me some tendonitus of the elbows, we both have long legs so not very suited to the exercise.

Burpees for me will only be hit as an absolute must as they for some reason always irritate my back, I probably start coming up before my legs are fully under me. Will be doing a lot of light Oly lift practice later as I need to get the form right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nik Nichols View Post
We got the same score on today Scott, so I would say that had to be an awesome set of rounds for us both!!!
Well done Nik, the runs were good and fast for me, most time was spent doing the L-pull ups, very slowly.
Old 12-18-2008, 05:00 AM   #1529
Patrick Haskell

Profile:

Quote:
The volume is so low with the O-lifts, I don't really build muscle. I just build more solid neurological responses. It also comes from not being able to squat heavy. If I get my knee sorted out and become able to squat on a regular basis, I'll go up to 87kg I think.

ps: we're the same, I like to have a dinner-like breakfast.
Try a strict paleo diet for a couple weeks. Sub huge servings of meat and eggs for that pasta and bread. Avoid the nightshades, too, to keep inflammation down. I bet your body will respond with huge strength gains to complement the CNS improvements you've been seeing. Besides, everybody is watching you as Games contender. Time to start getting in the winning mode. :stir:

Quote:
My low sugar tolerance comes from a very sensitive tooth that would ache horribly for two hours after eating any sugar which developed into a reflex in my body not to take any in. Theres the solution to anyone who wants to give up the chocolate, drill a small hole in your tooth and see how much you enjoy it then
That or just buckle down and cut out sugar and grains for a solid three weeks, then binge and hit a FGB the next day. That will get anyone over their sugar addiction.

Quote:
How about 3 sets of:
5 burpee MUs
5 burpee C&Js 85Kg

Quote:
Burpees for me will only be hit as an absolute must as they for some reason always irritate my back, I probably start coming up before my legs are fully under me. Will be doing a lot of light Oly lift practice later as I need to get the form right.
Stomp your feet like you're landing a clean when you pull the feet back in and drive through the heels to jump. You'll groove a better movement pattern, eliminate the back pain, and slow down to a speed that the rest of us can comprehend.
Old 12-18-2008, 05:12 AM   #1530
Scott Jenkins

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Haskell View Post
Stomp your feet like you're landing a clean when you pull the feet back in and drive through the heels to jump. You'll groove a better movement pattern, eliminate the back pain, and slow down to a speed that the rest of us can comprehend.
I will have to look up Nightshades, I though that was a Gladiator from the 1980's, is pasta that bad Patrick, I need to eat loads of fill me up food all the time or my stomach makes noise and hurts. And my bread is always the brown stuff with seeds in it.

With the burpees I am fine as long as I dont have to clap at the top, jumping 2ft and touching a high bar is fine, but as soon as I clap for some reason I land on my toes and start going down that way then tweak on the back. If you look at my strengths and weaknesses you will find I fall apart when using legs and arms at the same time, the shrug and hip thrust in the clean totally messes with my mind, I end up just leaning backwards and forwards like a woodpecker.