CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Fitness
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Fitness Theory and Practice. CrossFit's rationale & foundations. Who is fit? What is fitness?

Old 02-28-2008, 06:13 PM   #11
Elliot Fuller

Profile:
Re: Mixing CF AND SS?

If it were me, and I was going to incorporate metcon WODs into a SS routine, I'd do 1 day a week to start, and I wouldn't do it on a rest day. The rest days are... well... for rest

Steven Low recommended putting a metcon on Friday evening and doing the SS routine in the morning. You'll get best results if you do your strength training BEFORE your metcon, and if possible, separate them by several hours or more.

That is, of course, assuming you're going to stick to a REAL SS routine (e.g. m/w/f, or t/r/sat, etc.)

If you're going to do a MEBB routine, I'd sub every 2nd day of the CrossFit mini-cycle, and do a strength workout in its place. I did this for a while, but I ended up adding too many different lifts, so I got very minimal improvement all around, rather than pronounced improvement on several select lifts).

There's plenty of MEBB info on these boards if you search for it. But a very common format is CF-MEBB-CF-REST rinse and repeat. It would also behoove you to start adding light versions of these lifts into your warmup to practice form.
Old 02-28-2008, 09:11 PM   #12
Doug Holland

Profile:

Elliot, thats what I was looking for...
Quote:
Steven Low recommended putting a metcon on Friday evening and doing the SS routine in the morning. You'll get best results if you do your strength training BEFORE your metcon, and if possible, separate them by several hours or more.
Thanks

Doug
Old 02-29-2008, 02:16 PM   #13
Steven Low

Profile:

Yeah, if you really REALLY REALLY! want to add a metcon to SS do it after the last SS workout on Friday. That way you have your nice 2 day rest, and got some metcon out of that week.

Compromising a recovery day by adding a metcon is unacceptable especially considering that SS is great as a stand alone program.
Old 03-01-2008, 05:57 AM   #14
Scott Nixon

Profile:

Anybody got any good links to a MEBB template...........or advice on where I could find one?

Thanks.......