CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > CrossPit
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

CrossPit For discussing MMA, UFC, Pride fighting, and other martial arts

Old 04-07-2007, 09:52 PM   #1
Damon Stewart

Profile:
Not much of a spoiler really because every MMA site in the universe will headline...GSP got knocked out. He looked decent, in great shape but not as smooth as normal. Serra caught him with a good punch, followed up with a flurry, and then mounted GSP and pounded away until the late stoppage. I'd rate this the biggest upset I've seen in MMA or dang close to it. Overall, not sure this UFC was worth 40 bucks, hope the next one is better.
Old 04-07-2007, 10:13 PM   #2
Scott Clark

Profile:

I sure didn't see this coming, particularly Sanchez getting beaten. Very surprising outcomes on this card tonight.
Old 04-07-2007, 10:26 PM   #3
Bryan Gollhofer

Profile:
The Huerta v. Garcia fight had to be the BEST of the night though, those guys went at it! And kudos to Koscheck, for picking his way through Diego despite the boooooo birds and the shove on stage at the weigh in. I was not really expecting many good fights tonight, I was surprised. Sure, not as good as last months fights, but still good stuff.
Old 04-07-2007, 11:24 PM   #4
Yael Grauer

Profile:
I thought the Koscheck/Diego fight was boring to watch. It was just like watching a boxing match, except that none of the punches connected. Was disappointed with St. Pierre. Okami vs. Swick was the best fight of the night IMO.
Old 04-07-2007, 11:56 PM   #5
Bryan Gollhofer

Profile:
WOW WOW WOW. Breaking News!!!

ESPN just covered the St-Pierre/Serra fight! Is this a breakthrough?? I am absolutely stunned, ESPN is the Contender network, for them to cover this, is absolutely a sign that MMA is THE contender. Wow, lets hope they keep it up! Signs signs everywhere signs...!
Old 04-07-2007, 11:57 PM   #6
William Tokash

Profile:
Heurta v Garcia was the best fight of the night. Garcia showed a big heart and reversed a couple of bad spots. Kendall Grove put on a good show too. I thought Sanchez showed Koschech too much respect. Instead of charging and pounding him like he normally does, he let Kos win because he sat back. I was impressed by Kos's improved striking, Kos is still a jerk IMO. I was really surprised by Serra. I didnt think he had a chance against GSP's striking and then he knocks him out. WOW. Good fight. Crazy.
Old 04-08-2007, 04:01 PM   #7
Sean Manseau

Profile:
holy smokes! just caught the fight on youtube (they haven't gotten around to taking it down yet.) i never would've believed it. i was sure serra was walking to his execution. which i thought was a shame 'cause i thought he came off as really likable and down to earth on "the ultimate fighter." go matt!
Old 04-08-2007, 08:00 PM   #8
Damon Stewart

Profile:
Just saw that I misspelled upset, how embarrassing. Regarding the Diego/Koscheck fight, it was like watching a chess match. I felt like Kos did the minimum needed to win and I doubt it won him any fans.
Old 04-08-2007, 10:15 PM   #9
Sean Kane

Profile:
Matt "The Terror" Serra! Wow, what an upset. He has some really heavy hands now compared to his earlier fights...wow! Also, Koschek (sp?) and Sanchez should take note of the respect and maturity that Serra and St. Pierre showed to one another before and after the fight, classy guys. GOOD WIN SERRA!