CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Community
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Community Catch all category for CrossFit community discussion.

Old 07-19-2007, 04:08 PM   #1
Nick Cruz

Profile:
I got turned onto a website by a shirt that I saw Ronnie Boose wearing (I Club Hippies) at the Crossfit Games from http://www.rangerup.com/index.html (Mostly WFS unless you read the stories which have strong language)

I would like to buy some stuff from them cause I think some of the shirts are awesome and I want to support a for service by service company. What would be appropriate for a civilian to wear and what wouldnt? I liked the "My ops are blacker than your ops" shirt not because I am pitting one US Black Ops against another but that I think my US Black Ops as a whole are better than any other ops. But if I am going to have to explain myself to everyone that I meet I might just have to get the derka derka derka shirt. May be I should just donate some money to them and not be a poser. lol
Old 07-20-2007, 05:22 AM   #2
Samuel Redwine

Profile:
It depends upon the group. I know some Marines that take others wearing their shirts as very offensive. Mostly people just seem likely to take offense to t-shirts that seem to claim membership. This is by no means definitive, but it is a general guideline. As a non-infantry or recon Marine I wouldn't wear an 03 or recon shirt. I also wouldn't wear a shirt that named a specific unit I wasn't affiliated with.
Old 07-20-2007, 06:16 AM   #3
Kieran Hartnett

Profile:
I would avoid most of them, apart from maybe the "I club hippies" one - IMHO a shirt which you can *kinda* justify merely makes you look like *a bit less* of a wannabe.

(no offence intended, and FYI I'm a civilian)

(Message edited by kieranh on July 20, 2007)
Old 07-20-2007, 06:56 AM   #4
Darren Zega

Profile:  
That. is the greatest. site. ever.

My CO is going to be so at me, but sometimes you just have to remind yourself - the push-ups are worth it.