CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 11-21-2012, 11:03 AM   #1
Jon Gilson

Profile:
Again Faster, Black Friday through Cyber Monday Sale, Win Tuition to your Gym

Hey Guys,

Just a heads up. We've sent out our Black Friday/Cyber Monday preview to our newsletter subscribers. It's at this link, if you'd like to check out what we'll be doing, starting Thursday at midnight:

http://conta.cc/Wk67ul (Work, Family Safe)

Just click through the links to visit the hidden preview page on Again Faster.

This is our deepest discounting of the year on barbells, plates, home packages, athlete packs, etc. The team put a ton of time and thought into this, and I hope you find it helpful.

Also, we're giving away a year of free tuition to the CrossFit Affiliate of your choice to one lucky buyer. To enter, all you need to do is purchase something during the sale, between midnight on Thursday and midnight on Monday. Cool, right?

If you have any questions, just let us know. The team is in the office all day today, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday to help.

Best,

Jon
Old 11-21-2012, 12:44 PM   #2
Jay Taylor

Profile:
Re: Again Faster, Black Friday through Cyber Monday Sale, Win Tuition to your Gym

Did this change since yesterday? I could have sworn that when I checked yesterday it said that the heavy equipment was free shipping AND $50 off. Was the $50 off a typo? Did I imagine that? Hoping to pick up a GHD and trying to figure out the prices before I decide where to buy it from this weekend.
Old 11-21-2012, 02:54 PM   #3
Paul Cahoon

Profile:
Re: Again Faster, Black Friday through Cyber Monday Sale, Win Tuition to your Gym

It was $50 off and free shipping. I am doing the same thing and trying to figure out were to purchase one this weekend also.
Old 11-21-2012, 05:48 PM   #4
Jay Taylor

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Cahoon View Post
It was $50 off and free shipping. I am doing the same thing and trying to figure out were to purchase one this weekend also.
Yeah, I looked at the cached web page and it definitely said $50 off. I emailed AF to clarify and they said that the GHD is $499. Oh well.

Let me know what you decide on. If you see anything else that looks worthwhile, PM me. Christian's Fitness Factory is selling their's for $272, but they jacked up their shipping rate to $122 (used to be around $75.)

Right now I am leaning towards a $250 cheapie GHD from Wayfair.
Old 11-22-2012, 06:19 AM   #5
Rich Case

Profile:

FWIW I bought a 272 GHD and for personal use the inexpensive one is fine. If you ever plan to affiliate though you're not going to be happy with it. If I was to do it again, and had a large space, and more cash I'd go for the AF or Rogue Abram I think it is. They are likely much sturdier, bit this one has somewhat of a smaller footprint.

I got this one...w/f/s

http://www.jackeeboyz.com/products/G...G-HYP-156.html

Have fun with ghd wall ball throws.
Old 11-22-2012, 11:21 AM   #6
Sukhdeep Sidhu

Profile:

Any plans for some similar offerings from Again Faster UK?
Old 11-23-2012, 08:26 AM   #7
Jon Gilson

Profile:

Team,

Sorry for the misunderstanding on the GHD. It's entirely my fault. We made a mistake, and combined two offers we were contemplating into one.

Unfortunately, if we had done both $50 off and free shipping, we would lose money on every transaction, which is an unsustainable way to move forward.

Shipping on a single GHD runs about $125, so we went with that over $50 off.

Still, it's a great opportunity to get a solid, built-for-CrossFitting GHD for $499 delivered. We're also shipping Team Barbells and Bumper Plate sets free; if you're contemplating a home gym, or stocking up an Affiliate, now is the time.

I'm sincerely sorry for the GHD mix-up.

Best,

Jon
Old 11-23-2012, 08:32 AM   #8
Jay Taylor

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Gilson View Post
Team,

Sorry for the misunderstanding on the GHD. It's entirely my fault. We made a mistake, and combined two offers we were contemplating into one.

Unfortunately, if we had done both $50 off and free shipping, we would lose money on every transaction, which is an unsustainable way to move forward.

Shipping on a single GHD runs about $125, so we went with that over $50 off.

Still, it's a great opportunity to get a solid, built-for-CrossFitting GHD for $499 delivered. We're also shipping Team Barbells and Bumper Plate sets free; if you're contemplating a home gym, or stocking up an Affiliate, now is the time.

I'm sincerely sorry for the GHD mix-up.

Best,

Jon
No worries. I was just confused because I wrote down the price when I first saw the email. AF has never done me wrong, and I am not holding this against you guys.
Old 11-23-2012, 08:47 AM   #9
Jon Gilson

Profile:

Thanks, Jay. Whatever unit you choose, have a great time shopping, and keep training hard.

Best,

Jon