CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Community
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Community Catch all category for CrossFit community discussion.

Old 10-27-2005, 04:06 PM   #1
Troy Dodson

Profile:
I'm in the begining stages of starting CrossFit Dallas.

I'm still looking at locations around Dallas, but I am focusing my search in the areas of Richardson and Plano near 75 and 190, but the rest of Dallas is still fair game. I hope to get something leased soon!!

I've got some equipment that I’ve already accumulated and more is on the way!!

My plan is to be open for business sometime in December. Until then I want to organize some group workouts with anyone who is interested at a park.

I’d appreciate any suggestions or thoughts.

More info and pics to follow……
Old 10-27-2005, 07:31 PM   #2
Sebastian Montgomery

Profile:

Looking forward to hearing more about your plans and progress!

We're going to be trying to get together groups intown (Dallas) soon, also.

-Seb
Old 10-28-2005, 01:32 PM   #3
Steven Rutledge

Profile:  
Cool, I'm right down the road from that location. Keep us up to date on your opening.
Old 10-29-2005, 11:33 AM   #4
Steve Lamar

Profile:

Hey Troy good luck with CF Dallas I live in Canton Tx 60 miles east Ive been doing Crossfit about 3 months now in my garage gym but I work in Farmers Branch as a Firefighter so I might be able to swing by on my way home some mornings when you get your business going.
Old 11-01-2005, 04:41 PM   #5
Ray Proctor Jr

Profile:  
I am interested in CF Dallas. I live in Plano near Spring Creek and 75 so that would be close (the closer the better). Please keep us updated on progress.
Old 11-01-2005, 09:41 PM   #6
Troy Dodson

Profile:
Good news!!! I've found a facility already!!!

It is located near Plano Parkway and Ave K in Plano. It's exact location is at the intersection of Ave N and Summit. It's located near University Gymnastics which I believe caters to kids only...I still need to check on that.

It will be about square feet total after I break down a wall. It has two workout areas, a restroom, and what will be two changing rooms. They really aren't big enough for anything else so I think they'll be most useful that way. It has a 20 foot ceiling in main workout area. That area is quite small at the moment but I am going to be tearing down a wall, and the landlord is going to build another one further back so that should make that one at least a 22x25 foot room with a 20 foot cieling. Also, there is plenty of parking and room for sprints.

I've got a lot to get done before it is operational, but I think I really have a shot at an early December timeframe.

I'm going to get some pics of it tomorrow so I'll post them later.

If any of you are interested in meeting for a group workout before then, either shoot me an email or post here so I can add you to an email list. I've got some folks who are interested but are not involved with the Crossfit Forum, so I'd like to be able to group everyone together.

Also, any suggestions on Parks or equipment you can help out with would be helpful. My vote is to meetup Nov. 12 (Saturday) at Bob Woodruff Park on Park Blvd near Shiloh Rd???

I can supply 2 sets of Power Rings, 3 plyo boxes, maybe a 300lb oly set, and 4 more oly bars.....and maybe more by then.....

Any thoughts or comments???
Old 11-02-2005, 01:10 AM   #7
Troy Dodson

Profile:
Ooops....I left out that it is going to be about 1500 square feet total.
Old 11-07-2005, 01:16 PM   #8
Jordan Ransom

Profile:  
I'm definitely interested. Please keep us updated. I'm emailing you now to be added to your mailing list. Thanks.
Old 11-07-2005, 07:52 PM   #9
Troy Dodson

Profile:
Sorry about the delay......I finally got those pictures I had promised.

I've posted them to my temporary website:

http://crossfitplano.blogspot.com/

These are the before pics. I'll post some "after" pics after progress is made.

Also, as you can see, I started this post as CrossFit Dallas, and now I'm calling it CrossFit Plano. Since I ended up finding a place in Plano, and in the future, there will probably be many other CrossFits in the Dallas area, I decided to call it CrossFit Plano instead.

Jordan, You have mail.