CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Pukie's Bucket
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Pukie's Bucket Bogus threads, trolls, and other malarkey

Old 07-15-2013, 05:46 PM   #41
Blair Robert Lowe

Profile:
Re: Sharknado

Y'all here they are gonna show it again this week? I only caught enough to see some actors from 90210 and Tara Reid last week.

Might actually sit down and watch it all or try to.

Old 07-15-2013, 06:39 PM   #42
Bill M. Hesse

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew N. Casey View Post
single leg RDL's. the weight will be light enough it will have almost no effect on your back or grip but they will kill your hamstrings and glutes. however, it is light enough load on your CNS and back and grip that you can add them in on top of everything else without worry. single leg glute bridge are also awesome.

add in some super heavy shrugs once a week and use alot of momentum.

if you have access to a cable machine then pull throughs will help alot. if you have access to a leg curl machine then those are also really great. leg curls are the one thing that i think most CF could really benefit from doing. sort of like bicep curls they get a bad wrap for no reason. obviously GHD are great, but too many people don't have access or aren't strong enough and do them wrong.

edit - i really like doing single leg RDL from an elevated box or standing on something. if you don't have much to stand on then using smaller plates (like 2 25's on a side instead of one 45, assuming steel plates not bumpers) can work good. using dumbbells and standing on something, even a bench or the end of a treadmill, can work great. but the point is the deeper you can get that stretch the better. using a trap bar can work great for this for balance if on a box. once you get really good with the stretch or if going from the floor, elevate the toe to really help strentch the hamstrings.
These are in fact beasty. I did my first set of serious weight last week. 106lbs was tough for one leg!

Old 07-15-2013, 09:55 PM   #43
Blair Robert Lowe

Profile:

Well, meant to do some conditioning tonight. Didn't but managed to do 2 conditioning tests at least before I ran out of time (Chinese food was waiting at home).

28 BFK pullups, 20 Ring pushups.

BFK was kinda slow, felt muscle-ly. Chest definitely feels stretched out. This was after snatching triples.

I wanted to do the Khalipa/Spealler Hotel workout of 35lb DB clean/thrusters with 5 burpees on the minute. Sounds interesting. 10:53

Any takers? I like doing stupid **** sometimes.

Old 07-16-2013, 05:59 AM   #44
Jeff Enge

Profile:

Eh, I would if I had dumbbells at my disposal, don't feel like doing it with kettlebells. It doesn't seem too horribly terrible compared to a lot of the workouts people post as challenges.

Old 07-16-2013, 06:08 AM   #45
Blair Robert Lowe

Profile:

Do it at the Lab.

Honestly, I'm just curious. I've done like 2 or 3 times of conditioning this year. Well fitness type of conditioning.

Old 07-16-2013, 06:17 AM   #46
Jeff Enge

Profile:

Suppose I could. Maybe I'll stay a little late tomorrow and see what I can do. I do get 24-hour gym access with the team membership.

Old 07-16-2013, 06:45 AM   #47
Blair Robert Lowe

Profile:

I wouldn't bother unless you are really bored. The truth is when I'm at home, I don't really bother to do much fitness oriented wise besides maybe some pullups and air squats and lunges and the occasional HS.

I get home, I don't condition typically. So either I gotta do it at the gym or just scrap it.

I'm just preparing to maybe go into a GPP phase because once I leave CO, I will either have to do drop ins at gyms, maybe a WL club (@$25/visit - ouch ) or just do whatever I can manage until I land back in Sacramento or wherever.

I did see some groupons for CF though I know most CF owners hate groupons and I'm not sure I want to be one of those people. To save some $$, I might just hold off on WL club drop-ins or CF drop-ins as I was initially planning to do.

If I have to choose whether to spend $$ on CF/WL drop-ins or surfing expenses, I'll spend the $$ on surfing instead to get some surfing in on a couple of days.

Old 07-16-2013, 01:35 PM   #48
Brad Allen Jones

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blair Robert Lowe;1178992,

I wanted to do the Khalipa/Spealler Hotel workout of 35lb DB clean/thrusters with 5 burpees on the minute. Sounds interesting. 10:53

Any takers? I like doing stupid **** sometimes.
I've done that with 25s I believe. It was awful.

Old 07-16-2013, 01:46 PM   #49
Nik Nichols

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Allen Jones View Post
I've done that with 25s I believe. It was awful.
What is the rep set up?

Old 07-16-2013, 07:36 PM   #50
Bill M. Hesse

Profile:

You guys are weaksauce, I might just go back to the group rally. Hmph....

Trivia, what is the most likely outcome to a lesion of the musculocutaneous nerve? Be specific to the types of joint movement in your arm you would see. What if you add the radial nerve to boot?