CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Competitions
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Competitions Competitions, contests & challenges

Old 08-01-2011, 06:09 AM   #51
Andrew Craig

Profile:
Re: Rob Orlando

what happened with inov-8?
Old 08-01-2011, 06:14 AM   #52
Matthew Swartz

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Craig View Post
what happened with inov-8?
http://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=67617&page=2 WFS
Old 08-01-2011, 06:30 AM   #53
Andrew Craig

Profile:

ha ha, don't know the history but made me laugh.
Old 08-01-2011, 09:09 AM   #54
Justin Heller

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Frankel View Post
Something I thought was hilarious was in the final event of day 1, the rope climb and clean & jerk WOD, was the following:

Rob finishes his last rope climb, and goes to do his final clean and jerk @ 225#. However, even though he only needed 1 rep, he knew he was not coming back the next day. So he ripper through 7 push presses @225# like they were butter!

I actually rewatched that part afterward becauseo f how funny it was.
Which heat was this?
Old 08-01-2011, 09:14 AM   #55
Matthew Swartz

Profile:

First heat, almost the end of the video.
Old 08-01-2011, 09:38 AM   #56
Jakob Schmidt

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Tarasevich View Post
Rob O's good, but way overhyped by HQ and the CF community. I had to watch HQ pump this dude for an entire year leading up to the '10 Games. Last year I can't remember him placing top 10 in any event. If he did, than I stand corrected, but it was probably only one and that doesn't impress me. Then HQ persisted to pump him even harder all throughout the year. This year the guy DNF's first workout because of a swim. Really? You would think he could swim in the ocean if he's being touted an an "elite" athlete and has access to train in it. I'm just not impressed at all.
Not impressed? When's the last time you went to the Games? Oh yeah, that's right, NEVER.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Swartz View Post
I bet Rob is on that guy's list of people/things who can "lick his ball sack," right next to Innov8's.
Watch out Matt and Shane, he might add you to his "lick my ballsack" list as well. God forbid, you don't want to be on that...
Old 08-01-2011, 09:41 AM   #57
Anthony Bainbridge

Profile:

I'm obviously biased towards being strong(er) - but I think Rob has the perfect blend of strength and conditioning. A 600 pound deadlift, sub 20 min 5km, 55 consecutive chinups (not to mention one arm chinups), and Helen in just over 7 minutes. If you're not impressed by that ... what the **** man?

And then dumping on a guy because something happened in the swim? Nine times out of ten Rob would make the swim without issue. The fact that something went wrong on race day doesn't "prove" he can't swim. And it certainly doesn't detract from any of his accomplishments in or out of competition. Wonky **** happens ALL THE TIME in open water. To be honest, I'm surprised only two were affected out of 100.

Anyway ... ****es me off to see people bash athletes who put so much time and effort into their training AND do nothing but contribute positively to the larger community. Build people up, don't tear them down.

Gotta love Monday morning armchair quarterbacks.
Old 08-01-2011, 10:05 AM   #58
Matthew Swartz

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony Bainbridge View Post
I'm obviously biased towards being strong(er) - but I think Rob has the perfect blend of strength and conditioning. A 600 pound deadlift, sub 20 min 5km, 55 consecutive chinups (not to mention one arm chinups), and Helen in just over 7 minutes. If you're not impressed by that ... what the **** man?

And then dumping on a guy because something happened in the swim? Nine times out of ten Rob would make the swim without issue. The fact that something went wrong on race day doesn't "prove" he can't swim. And it certainly doesn't detract from any of his accomplishments in or out of competition. Wonky **** happens ALL THE TIME in open water. To be honest, I'm surprised only two were affected out of 100.

Anyway ... ****es me off to see people bash athletes who put so much time and effort into their training AND do nothing but contribute positively to the larger community. Build people up, don't tear them down.

Gotta love Monday morning armchair quarterbacks.
Especially those who lift 1/2 the weight of the people they're bashing on.
Old 08-01-2011, 10:28 AM   #59
Daniel Frankel

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony Bainbridge View Post
I agree with this. He is brutally strong, but his conditioning level is fantastic too. I mean, who weighs that much and can still do 55 chins?

And since when can he do a one arm? is there a video anywhere?!!?
Old 08-01-2011, 10:35 AM   #60
Shane Jensen

Profile:

http://media.crossfit.com/cf-video/C...OneArmFran.mov

1 Arm Fran from November 2009

11:17