CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Competitions
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Competitions Competitions, contests & challenges

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-29-2011, 12:06 PM   #21
Justin McCallon
Member Justin McCallon is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Atlanta  GA
Posts: 551
Re: Rob Orlando

I'll make fun of CrossFit and sometimes even take shots at people, but it's all in fun. The dude's a beast and just isn't a good swimmer.
__________________
My Workout Log
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 12:08 PM   #22
Jason R O'Dell
Banned Jason R O'Dell is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Moore  OK
Posts: 3,396
Re: Rob Orlando

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin McCallon View Post
I'll make fun of CrossFit and sometimes even take shots at people, but it's all in fun. The dude's a beast and just isn't a good swimmer.
I like Rob Orlando. I just find it funny how much HQ touts the elite athlete deal and the unknown and unknowable. Not to mention saying that a Crossfitter would put up a good show against a specialist in his sport and smoke a weekend warrior type at their sport.
Then one of their best can't even perform this swim. Something tells me an elite swimmer would smoke them all like cheap crack (something CF is fond of saying) and even a weekend warrior swimmer would leave them in the wake.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 12:19 PM   #23
Justin McCallon
Member Justin McCallon is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Atlanta  GA
Posts: 551
Re: Rob Orlando

They didn't do too bad. Matt Chan is a water polo player and it looks like he took 15th.. Yeah, one dude couldn't do an open water swim.
__________________
My Workout Log
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 12:23 PM   #24
Jason R O'Dell
Banned Jason R O'Dell is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Moore  OK
Posts: 3,396
Re: Rob Orlando

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin McCallon View Post
They didn't do too bad. Matt Chan is a water polo player and it looks like he took 15th.. Yeah, one dude couldn't do an open water swim.
But they're all elite! It's divined through competition not debate! Unless that competition happens to be swimming or throwing a ball.....
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 01:14 PM   #25
Luke Hitt
Member Luke Hitt is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: McAllen  TX
Posts: 278
Re: Rob Orlando

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason R O'Dell View Post
I like Rob Orlando. I just find it funny how much HQ touts the elite athlete deal and the unknown and unknowable. Not to mention saying that a Crossfitter would put up a good show against a specialist in his sport and smoke a weekend warrior type at their sport.
Then one of their best can't even perform this swim. Something tells me an elite swimmer would smoke them all like cheap crack (something CF is fond of saying) and even a weekend warrior swimmer would leave them in the wake.
Agreed. A 65 year old grandma who swims in the open water on the weekends could have crushed that swim no problem...
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 01:30 PM   #26
Scarlett Harris
Member Scarlett Harris is offline
 
Scarlett Harris's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Los Angeles  CA
Posts: 8
Re: Rob Orlando

Just curious if anyone who's saying that the swim was/should be 'easy' was there this morning? Did you happen to see the water/weather conditions?
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 01:33 PM   #27
Jason R O'Dell
Banned Jason R O'Dell is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Moore  OK
Posts: 3,396
Re: Rob Orlando

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlett Harris View Post
Just curious if anyone who's saying that the swim was/should be 'easy' was there this morning? Did you happen to see the water/weather conditions?
Still doesn't change the fact that they've made some pretty boastful claims in the past. And then when they're put to task with a non-CF movement well then.....
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 01:50 PM   #28
Scarlett Harris
Member Scarlett Harris is offline
 
Scarlett Harris's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Los Angeles  CA
Posts: 8
Re: Rob Orlando

My only point is that this morning was a challenge for every single athlete out there. They all did their best. The ocean is harsh and this morning it certainly wasn't playing nicely. Many of those athletes aren't used to swimming in the ocean (yes, yes, I know: unknown and unknowable, etc etc), so we need to give credit where it is due. This was a terrible morning for Rob. He worked hard and this particular event didn't work out in his favor. I would hope that others on this thread will remember that he's a human being and show him the respect that he deserves instead of making disparaging remarks about how 'anyone's grandma' could do that swim. Cause I sure didn't see anyone's grandma out there this morning...
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 01:53 PM   #29
Jason R O'Dell
Banned Jason R O'Dell is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Moore  OK
Posts: 3,396
Re: Rob Orlando

I never once said anyone's grandma.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 01:55 PM   #30
Scarlett Harris
Member Scarlett Harris is offline
 
Scarlett Harris's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Los Angeles  CA
Posts: 8
Re: Rob Orlando

Indeed you did not. It was someone before you that made a comment along those lines (sorry, I suck at these comment/quote thread things!).
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Rob Orlando-esque WOD Chris Vaughn Workout of the Day 4 04-25-2011 06:31 AM
Deadlift Technique ala Rob Orlando Matt Trussell Exercises 8 03-23-2010 09:17 AM
FAO Rob Orlando! Strongman Workouts? Luke Hale Workout of the Day 0 01-12-2010 06:18 AM
Orlando, FL Dave Coughlin In Search of CrossFitters 5 05-13-2008 10:58 AM
Orlando FL Matt Mendes In Search of CrossFitters 4 02-20-2008 07:27 AM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
CrossFit is a registered trademark of CrossFit Inc.