CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Competitions
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Competitions Competitions, contests & challenges

Old 11-22-2010, 03:41 PM   #1
Ted Apollo

Profile:
December: 20-day 'cindy' challenge (+1 round a day)

I figured with the holidays coming up in December & all the traveling everyone might be doing a '20-day' challenge would be fitting.

The Rules:
1. a round of 'cindy' consist of 5 pull ups, 10 push ups, & 15 squats.
2. each day an additional round will be added to the total # of rounds to be completed for that day. (ex. 1 round for day 1, 2 rounds for day 2, etc...)
3. Since this is a 'grease the groove' type of challenge you do NOT have to complete all of that days Rx'd rounds in one set.
4. This challenge is intended to be a 'daily' challenge which is to be performed all 7 days of the week.
5. If for some reason you miss a day, you have to make up all the missed rounds the following day to keep up with the overall total.
6. If you don't start the challenge with us today, you can "buy-in" at any time by doing ALL the missed day's total rounds over the course of the challenge in order to catch up by the end of the 20 days.
7. Any pull-ups, push-ups, or squats you complete during your regular workout can NOT count towards that day’s Challenge
8. The challengers should post their daily totals to this thread.

*feel free to scale as needed

let's all have fun with this!

Last edited by Ted Apollo : 11-22-2010 at 03:43 PM.
Old 11-22-2010, 11:27 PM   #2
Milton Brisson

Profile:
Re: December: 20-day 'cindy' challenge (+1 round a day)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Apollo View Post
*feel free to scale as needed

let's all have fun with this!
My scaling with this will likely be adding in some days off without "penalty" - 20 straight days at the gym doesnt jive with my work and family schedules. Thats not to say I wont try....

About the fun.....on day 18, there will be 18 rounds of Cindy, then 19 the next and finish with 20. Thats 57 Cindy rounds in three days...that doesnt sound fun! I will be getting after it though!
Old 11-23-2010, 06:24 AM   #3
Ray Ambury

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milton Brisson View Post
My scaling with this will likely be adding in some days off without "penalty" - 20 straight days at the gym doesnt jive with my work and family schedules. Thats not to say I wont try....

About the fun.....on day 18, there will be 18 rounds of Cindy, then 19 the next and finish with 20. Thats 57 Cindy rounds in three days...that doesnt sound fun! I will be getting after it though!
Sounds tough but as long as I can find somewhere near work to do pull-ups I think the grease-the-groove option should make it do-able. Of course if work deadlines or seasonal commitments cause me to miss one of the last 5 days then the end of the challenge is going to be crazy. Is it possible to "bank" some rounds early in the challenge to guard against this or can you only make up for ones you've already missed? I'd probably do double the rounds the first five days so I had 15 spare rounds for the end which I'd only use if I had to miss a day (so it would hopefully just end up meaning that I'd done an extra 15 rounds during the challenge).
Old 11-23-2010, 09:13 AM   #4
Ted Apollo

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Ambury View Post
Sounds tough but as long as I can find somewhere near work to do pull-ups I think the grease-the-groove option should make it do-able. Of course if work deadlines or seasonal commitments cause me to miss one of the last 5 days then the end of the challenge is going to be crazy. Is it possible to "bank" some rounds early in the challenge to guard against this or can you only make up for ones you've already missed? I'd probably do double the rounds the first five days so I had 15 spare rounds for the end which I'd only use if I had to miss a day (so it would hopefully just end up meaning that I'd done an extra 15 rounds during the challenge).

banking should be fine. for the best results i would suggest doing 20 rounds for the first day so the rest of the challenge progresses evenly throughout.
Old 11-24-2010, 03:39 PM   #5
James R. Climer

Profile:

This results in 210 total rounds in
20 days - an average of 10.5 rounds
per day.

how about
7-8-9-10, then
11 all the rest of the days?

That way I could try to squeeze
in the Concept 2 Holiday Challenge
(starts tomorrow) simultaneously.

Last edited by James R. Climer : 11-24-2010 at 03:43 PM. Reason: added stuff
Old 11-24-2010, 03:47 PM   #6
James R. Climer

Profile:

I'm thinking of doing this one like
a 'Groove the Cindy' and see
what goodness is derived from
20 days of 1/2 Cindy, like a test
of before and after results of the challenge.
Old 11-24-2010, 04:09 PM   #7
Ted Apollo

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by James R. Climer View Post
I'm thinking of doing this one like
a 'Groove the Cindy' and see
what goodness is derived from
20 days of 1/2 Cindy, like a test
of before and after results of the challenge.

sounds good! whatever you decide on is fine.
Old 11-26-2010, 04:00 PM   #8
Lucas King

Profile:

This sounds like fun! I think I may have to do it, it fits perfectly with my decision to do pullups/pushups daily! Hopefully I can find a place to do pullups on offdays! I think I will do a before/after as well, I was actually planning to do 20min Cindy on Nov 1 so Ill do that then retest around Christmas a day or 2 after Im done the challenge! Thanks for posting these challenges.
Old 11-27-2010, 08:43 PM   #9
Robbie Southards

Profile:

Hey Ted,

Is another rule only breaking up the sets and not the round itself?

Like, do all of the round instead of doing 5 pullups in the morning then do the pushups and squats later throughout the day.

I'm not going to scale. I'll try and do it by the game plan.
M/27/5'7"/164lbs.Squat:370lbs,Deadlift:420lbs,C&J: 245lbs,OHS:225lbs,Bench:265lbs,5k:19:20avg.Fav Girl:Linda(23mins). Fav Hero:Badger (27mins)
Old 11-28-2010, 10:18 AM   #10
Ted Apollo

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbie Southards View Post
Hey Ted,

Is another rule only breaking up the sets and not the round itself?

Like, do all of the round instead of doing 5 pullups in the morning then do the pushups and squats later throughout the day.

I'm not going to scale. I'll try and do it by the game plan.

preferably it would be best to not break up rounds, but feel free to break up the rounds if it works out better for you. the main goal is to keep up with the overall total of pullups, pushups, & squats. how you get there is the beauty of 'grease the groove' type of challenges. so people take the sets fast & some take them slow. some will spread the reps out throughout the day & others get them done in one set. there is not really one way to approach this.