CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Competitions
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Competitions Competitions, contests & challenges

Old 11-26-2010, 02:02 PM   #101
James R. Climer

Profile:
Re: November: Thruster Challenge

135 # @ 11 + 10 = 21 reps

Wrists can't take it. Nice
challenge, bring on the next.

20 days of Cindy and Concept 2's
Holiday Challenge

Last edited by James R. Climer : 11-26-2010 at 02:04 PM. Reason: added content
Old 11-27-2010, 01:31 PM   #102
Ted Apollo

Profile:

week 4: thrusters - 21reps @ #135

broken 10/4/4/3 - my body is taxed after 4 straight months of wods. i've been extra sore the last two weeks between workouts. i'm going to take the next four days off & only add the december challenge later this week.

good challenge everyone! see you in december
Old 11-29-2010, 04:25 AM   #103
Ray Ambury

Profile:

Still haven't finished the challenge. Last week I did:
9 @ 62.5kg unbroken
15 @ 62.5kg broken 9, 6

Going to do the 21 today but the 15 absolutely blew me away. Other stuff I'd been doing had taken a fair toll on my back and shoulders so I don't think I was holding it quite right and there was a lot of pressure on my wrists and hands (really weird but my hands cramped up after, perhaps just gripping the bar too tight).

I also did a quick run through of ~8 rounds of Cindy after the 15 and now I'm looking forward to getting better at that. Tempted to swap squats for box jumps but think I'll keep the challenge as it should be and just add some more jumping stuff into my regular work.
Old 11-29-2010, 09:39 AM   #104
Ted Apollo

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Ambury View Post
Tempted to swap squats for box jumps but think I'll keep the challenge as it should be and just add some more jumping stuff into my regular work.

i've added some additional 'plyometric' box jumps to my workouts also. good stuff
Old 11-30-2010, 04:40 AM   #105
Ray Ambury

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Apollo View Post
i've added some additional 'plyometric' box jumps to my workouts also. good stuff
I really do use the word stuff too often rather than taking the half a second to think of the correct word.

21 @ 62.5kg broken 12, 4, 5

Absolutely fell apart during this one. Going to take a week or two off from them and then add thrusters to my routine more often, need to tidy up this form. Middle set I was up my toes half the time and ended up getting a nasty little twinge in my foot (massaged it out and it's all gone today). Feel you on being sore these last two weeks.

Well, glad the Thrusters are out of the way. Was a great challenge, thanks Ted. The thing I got most out of it from was driving out of the hole. I'd been having some trouble before this challenge getting my muscles to fire together and really push out but it seems that this has realy improved now and looking forward to some nice squat and deadlift PR's in the future.

Looking forward to Cindy. I'm going to do a timed 20 rounds for a banker so that I have a comparism at the end. Not sure if that will be today or tomorrow as I'm a little worried about the squats so soon after these thrusters and I forgot my stopwatch (I have another timer I can use though).
Old 11-30-2010, 09:53 AM   #106
Ted Apollo

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Ambury View Post
Well, glad the Thrusters are out of the way. Was a great challenge, thanks Ted. The thing I got most out of it from was driving out of the hole. I'd been having some trouble before this challenge getting my muscles to fire together and really push out but it seems that this has realy improved now and looking forward to some nice squat and deadlift PR's in the future.

your welcome ray! thanks for participating, i always felt that the thruster is as much of a skill movement as it is a brute strength movement.

see you in december
Old 11-30-2010, 02:03 PM   #107
Milton Brisson

Profile:

Finally got my week 4 thrusters done today! It took a week and a half, but I am proud of myself for getting through this! I actually thought about not doing them today....who would know? But I stuck with it!

21 reps @ 135# - broken 6-5-5-5.

High 5 to all who got through this!
Old 12-01-2010, 12:44 AM   #108
Ted Apollo

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milton Brisson View Post
Finally got my week 4 thrusters done today! It took a week and a half, but I am proud of myself for getting through this! I actually thought about not doing them today....who would know? But I stuck with it!

21 reps @ 135# - broken 6-5-5-5.

High 5 to all who got through this!

well done! its worth the few moments of discomfort for a life time of satisfaction knowing you completed the challenge front to back...
Old 12-04-2010, 01:38 PM   #109
Paul O'Neill

Profile:

I started later in the month so my last week with 135# is next week. I've been doing these about 10 minutes after the daily WOD, so I'm a bit nervous about the 135# week. I'll get through it, but will probably have to break it up more than I would like. Thanks for the great challenge!
Old 12-05-2010, 10:43 AM   #110
Ted Apollo

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul O'Neill View Post
I started later in the month so my last week with 135# is next week. I've been doing these about 10 minutes after the daily WOD, so I'm a bit nervous about the 135# week. I'll get through it, but will probably have to break it up more than I would like. Thanks for the great challenge!

your welcome paul! good luck with the #135.