CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > In Search of CrossFitters
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

In Search of CrossFitters For finding other CrossFitters to CrossFit with

Old 03-10-2008, 09:52 AM   #1
Ginger Fitzgerald

Profile:
Talking Olympia Gym?

I'm new to Crossfit training. I've only been doing it about a month. But, I have been fairly actice w weight lifting, kickboxing and boxing for ten plus years. Power lifts are new as well. I am LOVING this program! My question is, does anyone know of a Crossfit coming to the Olympia area? Where I train I am just doing what I can w what they have, but I'm am hoping for a gym w all the neccesities for Crossfit.
Thanks! ~Ginger
Old 03-10-2008, 10:21 AM   #2
Sarena Kopciel

Profile:
Re: Olympia Gym?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginger Fitzgerald View Post
I'm new to Crossfit training. I've only been doing it about a month. But, I have been fairly actice w weight lifting, kickboxing and boxing for ten plus years. Power lifts are new as well. I am LOVING this program! My question is, does anyone know of a Crossfit coming to the Olympia area? Where I train I am just doing what I can w what they have, but I'm am hoping for a gym w all the neccesities for Crossfit.
Thanks! ~Ginger
If you are looking to train more of the Olympic lifts, my coach is moving to Bainbridge Island and he is amazing! Definitely worth checking out! My loss may be your gain!

Last edited by Lynne Pitts : 10-10-2008 at 10:47 PM. Reason: unqualified link
Old 03-10-2008, 11:10 AM   #3
Ginger Fitzgerald

Profile:
Smile Re: Olympia Gym?

Bainbridge is still alittle far for me to travel for a gym=( Sorry your losing your coach. It's like losing your best workout partner. Thanks for the input=)
Old 03-10-2008, 02:23 PM   #4
Sarena Kopciel

Profile:

Quote:
Bainbridge is still alittle far for me to travel for a gym=( Sorry your losing your coach. It's like losing your best workout partner. Thanks for the input=)
Ok I dont know the geography there well. But it still may be worthwhile getting on his email list for special events etc that he holds. He really is worthwhile checking out even if it is seldom!!
Old 03-10-2008, 04:10 PM   #5
Ginger Fitzgerald

Profile:

ok=) Awesome! Thanks again!
Old 03-10-2008, 06:38 PM   #6
Derek Maffett

Profile:

Tom Corrigan is in the Olympia area - you might try contacting him.

Edit: Strike that, he's in Seattle - as are a million other CF people. Do what you can for a home gym (oly bar, minimalist bumper plates, KB, pull-up bar) and make a trip up to an affiliate sometime. You could even come down here to Longview once Aaron gets the gym back up and running.

Last edited by Derek Maffett : 03-10-2008 at 06:42 PM.
Old 03-10-2008, 06:48 PM   #7
Sarena Kopciel

Profile:

Quote:
ok=) Awesome! Thanks again!
Actually just had dinner with coach and he said that he is planning a few workshops and seminars and other fun things so def sign up for his emails. He is an awesome all around resource from whom I have learned so much about functional movt beside Olifts, KB etc
Old 03-10-2008, 07:41 PM   #8
Ginger Fitzgerald

Profile:

Thanks Derek! That would be great! My parents live in Battleground so that wouldn't be too far. As far as a gym in my home... I live in a condo, in an upstairs unit so the home gym wouldn't work too well. But, My roomate owns the gym I train at and the gym I kickbox at has been discussing possibly adding the Crossfit program when they expand

And also thanks Serena for the info on Coach and being so helpful. I'm new to posting... How would I contact him?
Old 03-10-2008, 07:53 PM   #9
Sarena Kopciel

Profile:

Quote:
Thanks Derek! That would be great! My parents live in Battleground so that wouldn't be too far. As far as a gym in my home... I live in a condo, in an upstairs unit so the home gym wouldn't work too well. But, My roomate owns the gym I train at and the gym I kickbox at has been discussing possibly adding the Crossfit program when they expand

And also thanks Serena for the info on Coach and being so helpful. I'm new to posting... How would I contact him?
Go to his website send an email and then when you get a response fill it in to be on his preferred list or what. then it doesnt go to his spam box! He doesnt send out spam ever!! I have sent him several people and all were satisfied!! Trust me here... (links wfs)

Last edited by Lynne Pitts : 10-10-2008 at 10:48 PM. Reason: unqualified link
Old 03-10-2008, 09:03 PM   #10
Ginger Fitzgerald

Profile:

Awesome! Thanks agian!