CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Fitness
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Fitness Theory and Practice. CrossFit's rationale & foundations. Who is fit? What is fitness?

Old 01-18-2008, 07:56 PM   #1
Tom Woodward

Profile:
In Search of the OPT Warm Up...

In the recent days since OPT's Helen video on the main page, there's been discussion of his obvious CF dominance and the factors that contribute to it. One point that was mentioned by OPT's wife and other CF Calgary members on the comments page is the long, dynamic, and WOD specific nature of OPT's warm ups. One comment stated his warm up for a single Fran (2.5 minute workout for OPT) is 45 minutes.

I typically warm up for about 10 minutes for a long met con like Cindy or Michael, and about 15 minutes for a Fran or Elizabeth. I was very suprised to see that OPT warms up in excess of 30 minutes for his WODs and it really piqued my interested as to the specifics. If you're in CrossFit Calgary and/or have worked out with OPT or AFT, could you be so kind as to post their warm ups for various WODs.

Thanks in advance
Old 01-20-2008, 03:19 PM   #2
Tom Brose

Profile:
Re: In Search of the OPT Warm Up...

interesting, but that is not the reason for his level of performance. Check the comments, I think he usually posts the whole pre and post WOD routine.

I liked what he said in that video, whatever Coach posts, he does. Seems to work pretty well...