CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Community
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Community Catch all category for CrossFit community discussion.

Old 11-07-2006, 11:57 AM   #1
William Henniger

Profile:
I am already signed up for Pavel's KB cert in June. I just got an email from Fedorenko's camp offering a cert in February. I need to get one of my trainers ready for our opening in Columbus.

Could someone please help me with the differences between the two certs.

Old 11-07-2006, 02:06 PM   #2
Catherine Imes

Profile:
Hi William,

Pavel's Cert is extremely comprehensive. You cannot go wrong. If you are planning to teach others KB movements, I would recommend that one first. They teach you how to teach the movements and you learn all sorts of troubleshooting techniques. Besides Pavel, the Cert is taught by some very good Senior Instructors like Brett Jones, Steve Maxwell and Steve Cotter.

I'm certified and I've been an assistant instructor at 2 certfications.

Federenko is a World Class GS competitor who is offering a one day certification that is likely to cover snatches and jerks. That will probably be it. There is only so much one person can cover in one day. I've attended one of his 2 day workshops on GS training. I'm attending this cert because well...I'm a GS competitor. I know his cert is a deal because he is offering a set of competition bells. That alone may make it worth it to you, but I still have to recommend Pavel's certification first if you really want to train others.

Thanks.
CI
Old 11-07-2006, 02:57 PM   #3
William Henniger

Profile:
Thank you very much, that is what I thought. I am going to sign up one of my trainers for the cert, the kb's alone sound like a deal. Since myself and another Trainer are signed up for Pavel's, we will sit this one out.

I am excited to learn that I can purchase KB's in Cincinnati, OH and that I will have a great resource so close to Columbus.

Thanks for on the point info

BH
Old 11-07-2006, 03:09 PM   #4
Catherine Imes

Profile:
Sounds like a good plan. That's a great point about the proximity to Cincinnati. I'm going to the Cert in January and picking up my bells.

CI
Old 11-07-2006, 04:17 PM   #5
Douglas Chapman

Profile:
Hi Bill,

I did Pavel's cert in Oct and worth every penny. The quality of the training was excellent. It was really great and gave me a lot more programming ideas.

Doug
Old 11-07-2006, 05:07 PM   #6
William Henniger

Profile:
Myself and Troy Taylor are already in for Pavel's cert in June. I have one more trainer to get KB exposure so I will send him down to Cincinnati. Like I said I am excited to be close enough to Ctown and not pay shipping charges on Kettlebells. I have also read a few reviews on the board regarding his KB's all of which have been great.

I wish Pavel could bump up the cert timeframe I am really looking forward to it.
Old 11-08-2006, 04:11 AM   #7
Don Stevenson

Profile:
I flew across from Australia to do Pavels Cert in 2004 and it was well worth the expense.
Old 11-10-2006, 11:09 AM   #8
Michael Latch

Profile:
Bill...Troy...see you in June!

Mike in L.A.
www.valleycrossfit.com
Old 11-10-2006, 02:18 PM   #9
Ben Kaminski

Profile:
Where can you purchase KBs in Cincinnati? That's where I live, and I never knew they were available locally.
Old 11-11-2006, 09:40 AM   #10
William Henniger

Profile:
Mike,

Troy and I are very excited for the training. We plan on Kettlbebell training to be a huge part of our business in Columbus.

Can't wait, we will see you there.

Ben,

If you look for Federanko's comp bells on EBay you will see exactly what they are selling. I have read a few posts with very good reviews of his Kettlebells, but everyone seems to have their own personal preference. I personally like the bells I have been getting from Dragon Door.

To answer your question they are in Hamilton, OH and I have been trying to get a price list. So register on American Kettlbebell Club's site, it is not a live site yet but Eric will email you. Their training cert is $1000 and you get a full set of bells, worth it probably just for the Kbs. The cert is at a hotel in Cincinnati.