CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Running a CrossFit Facility
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Running a CrossFit Facility Tips and guidance on how to open and operate a CrossFit gym.

Old 08-16-2004, 06:30 AM   #1
Tony Young

Profile:
Has anyone tried personal training Crossfit on site; at a client's home or office, for example. I can see possibilities with jump ropes, dumbbells, a pull-up bar and some push-up stands and modifying the WOD to the setting. Is it worth it in time and money? What are the positives/negatives?
Old 08-19-2004, 05:14 PM   #2
Robert Wolf

Profile:
Tony-

I know of trainers who are sucsessful with this type of business structure. I see no reason why a CF program would not work.
Robb
Old 09-12-2004, 10:43 AM   #3
Sanfilippo

Profile:  
Tony,
I have been personal training for 7 years the conventional way.(isolation movements) I recently attended a cert. in April and was 100% sold out on Coach's methodology. Came home and totally changed my program to follow CrossFit. It defintely works! When your clients see the effect on their body and mind how can they argue. The mental part has been the biggest challenge with my clients because yes, these workouts are tough!
Old 09-12-2004, 11:20 AM   #4
Beth Moscov

Profile:
Scott McPeek comes to my home to train me a few times a month in addition to me working the online WODs on my own. I love it. Because I homeschool my son plus work out of my home with odd hours, it is hard for me to get to HQ regularly (even at all) even though I live close by. I would bet I am not the only one in the world who would enjoy crossfit and want to work this way. Maybe Scott will chime in here.
Old 09-12-2004, 01:05 PM   #5
Jeff Martin

Profile:
I began training my son's intra soccer club a couple of weeks ago. I bring what is needed to the fields and train the kids there. CrossFit is easy to adapt to the "on the road" environment. Tyler's rings thrown over a tree limb or goal posts are great way to provide a mobile pullup station!