CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Testimonials
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Testimonials CrossFit's successes / your achievements

Old 07-13-2007, 06:45 AM   #1
Leah Patrick

Profile:
I just wanted to post some of the success I'm having so far with crossfit. I've been working out about three to four times a week for a month now, using the WOD's as a guideline (most of the time I can't do everything on it), and it's definitely working!

I've lost a total of 6 lbs, but the real awesome is that I'm getting oh so much stronger. For example, I have to use the assisted pull up machine, and when I started, I had to offset myself at 115 lbs. I weighed 175 so I was really only lifting 60lbs of my body weight. Well, now I only have to offset myself by 85lbs. With my weight loss, I'm now lifting half of my body weight. I also started out using a 20lb bar and now I'm using a 40lb bar.

I know I'm nowhere near a lot of the seasoned crossfitters, but I'm pretty excited about getting stronger and healthier. I also love the fact that I'm losing mad inches around my waist. It's pretty incredible.

Just thought I'd share!
Old 07-13-2007, 10:17 AM   #2
Roger Harrell

Profile:
Great start. I love hearing stories about folks just getting started and seeing the gains. Just think of where you'll be in a year, 2 years etc.
Old 07-14-2007, 04:58 AM   #3
Michael Manseau

Profile:
Leah,
Congratulations. You'll be putting Daisy Duke to shame soon enough!

Mike
Old 07-14-2007, 12:02 PM   #4
Christine Reinhart

Profile:
Hey Fellow CrossFitters! Way to go Leah...I can totally relate to how you're feeling. I am a 28yr old female (5'4"-112lbs), and I started CrossFit training about 6 weeks ago. I have been dedicated to regular workouts (5-6 days per week of cardio and weight lifting…typical gym rat) for about 9 years, but I have never experienced anything like this! I can't believe the difference CrossFit has made in my life. I feel better and stronger than ever. I did my first CrossFit Total yesterday and scored 316, putting me in the Intermediate category. I couldn't believe it! Can't wait to see what I can get my body to do in the coming months and years! Thanks for letting me share my excitement and good luck to everyone else in their training.